1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Horrible Statistics!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by loves-da-pits, Apr 4, 2004.

1. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I was reading today the statistics on the Pet adoption monitor in Phoenix Arizona, in the 11 Maricopa Co. animal shelter, the WEEK ending March 27, they took in 1,460 animals. IN JUST ONE WEEK, out of that 615 were adopted and 717 were euthanized. The rest are pending, hopefully adopted. In December just over 6,000 taken in, 2,000 adopted and 3,200 euthanized, others still pending. Is this just crazy!?!?

2. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Where did you find the statistics?

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

They post them each week in our Arizona Republic on Saturdays along with Month-by Month graphs for the last three months. I think it's a "stand up and take notice" of what's going on in this city when it comes to our animals. I know we are the 6th largest city in the nation, now, that's why the numbers seem so high and so mind boggling.

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Wow that is alot! And it puts things in perspective as far as how many animals are suffering out there.

5. winnie

winnie New Member

I think i read somewhere that 14.5 million animals are euthinized in sheltures each year...it is very sad

6. the_maine_pitbull

the_maine_pitbull New Member

Wow- is that accurate too?