1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how to get the bird to like me ?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fritz, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Fritz

Fritz New Member

hey all

my family (mum, dad and myself) have owned a gallah for about 5 years now.

the bird absolutely loves my mum, always goes over to her, squeaks out for her attension etc. Is usually sitting on mums shoulder a couple hours daily for the last 5 years.

It dosnt hate my dad, it does not go out of its way to see him or anything, but the bird does let dad pat it and the bird never tries to bite him.

Myself on the other hand, if the bird see's me it actually runs across the ground as fast as it can to bite me if I am standing within a couple of meters. If my hand is ever near it (if I need to pick up a pen thats near it!!) the bird without fail will always try and bite me.

I find it strange that it does not do this with dad.

It may be too late for the bird to change because it started doing this a good 4 years ago but i thought it was worth mentioning on this forum for some help. thanks

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi, Birds are such funny creatures and some automatically take a dislike to someone.
    I would have to suggest that when he tries to bite you say a firm NO and do not pull your hand away as this will make him more determined to bite you.

The other option is to wrap him in a towel or cloth and hold him for 10mins gently talking and rubbing his head, if he goes to bite again say no.
    Eventually he should start liking you and stop biting.
    Sorry i could not be of more help as i only ever had 2 biters and the above methods worked for me within a week.

Mike

3. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Thanks mate. I'll let you know how i go :)

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Just thought i would see how things are going and if things are improving

Mike