1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i have decided 2 sell Jess. I need major help

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by ya_gotta_luv_em, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ya_gotta_luv_em

ya_gotta_luv_em New Member

After 3 and a half years of serious riding & owning Jess(i was a beginner wen i got her) i have decided that i need 2 sell her. When we bought her we did wot a lot of new horse owners do & just took tha sellers word for it that she was a good beginners horse. & after walk trot & cantering round the arena i thought so 2. well i havnt ridden her in an arena since. Ive ridden in steep & sloping paddocks that i could only trot or canter in facing uphill. Jess was a 4yo Standardbred mare 14.2hh. now she is 8yo 15hh. & being a beginner i couldnt train her & she got worse & worse. I taught her a few things like reinback & turnback(as they call it in western riding). I also taught her 2 jump. So she has learnt stuff, but has also been a handful. I have been bucked off so many times & almost evry time i landed on my head or my back. im lucky that the worst ive been hurt. So ive decided 2 sell her. She's stuffed my confidence & i always get freaked out now, coz she always bucks & has no ballance. She also doesnt like loading on tha float

But on top of all that, she is easy 2 train but i just dont have tha confidence 2 do it, she has a HUGE scopey jump & under tha rite hands i can see her becomming an awsome X country horse. She is a very pretty black (well almost black) mare. She hardly bites any more. & doesnt kick any more.

So what i mainly want 2 no is how much would she be worth in australia?

& if i spend a few hundred dollars(the money i woz gunna use 2 buy a new saddle with) to get her trained so that she does all her paces nicely & jumps about 80cm with a rider on her back( for sum reason she jumps better wen im not on her) and loads on the float, how much would she be worth then?

I would really appreciate sum help soon because even tho i will miss her heaps, i want 2 buy a new older and well trained horse wen we sell jess that i can learn 2 ride & not learn 2 fall off. I cant even go riding with my friends because i cant get her on the float.

Thanx heaps!!! :D

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Your local vet should be able to appraise her for you. Instead of getting rid of her, you could always pay to have a trainer work with her and you.
    And if that still doesn't work out, You could always find a nice equine rescue like LSER.org.

3. ya_gotta_luv_em

ya_gotta_luv_em New Member

yer i see where ur comin from. I guess ive just gotten 2 tha point where i want 2 move on. Even if she was trained 2 behave. Iwant 2 learn 2 ride & be able 2 stuff like dressage & jumping. I want 2 learn more stuff about riding & thats why i think its best that when we get Jess trained that i buy a more educated horse. I really dont want 2 sell her, but i think i will always have a bit of fear when i ride her. 2day, she wouldnt even walk around tha paddock without cracking a spaz. I think i did everything rite. I praised her for being good & disiplined her for being naughty. I spent the whole riding time @ a walk & she didnt improve.

What is the best way for me to be disaplining her anyway?