1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

If you can't take the heat...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by OnixRevolution, Jul 27, 2005.

1. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

I've notice my kitty Sierra had been panting alot lately, so I took her to the vet afraid that she might have gotten into something or chewed some wires. She said her heart and lungs sound magnificent(thank god) and that she's probably sensitive to the heat. I've been keeping the place as cool as possible(with no AC), putting ice in her water, and sometimes laying an icepack next to her when she's resting(a rare occurance). This cat literally bounces off the wall, so forcing her to calm down is out of the question, and I cant seperate her from her sister because then she tears up the carpet trying to get out. I want to make sure there isn't anything else I can do to make her stop panting, since I know its not a normal thing for cats to pant like a dog. Am I going to get any adverse affects down the line, or is she going to be alright?

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

my Zeus will pant like a dog - like dogs it's how the cool down
    Do you use fans?
    Zeus loves to lay in front of the fan

3. vene

vene New Member

Pumpkin and Monty too. :mrgreen: Can you put both of them temporarily in a bathroom and place ice chunks in the tub to cool them off?

4. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Lol...I tried the bathtub thing and both mine and my boyfriend's arms and hands where ripped up...I dont know if I wanna try that again.

Mary- Yes, I have a few fans going and she lays infront of those and lays on the tile.

So everything's okay? She's not going to have a heart attack one day?

5. dawnreger

dawnreger New Member

I'm not sure...the way I understand it is that is the way they cool down...but the only time my cat ever panted is during car trips...which he hated. He would get visibly distressed and pant.

6. eman

eman New Member

Max pants after playing..or running alot :) . he stops and pants for few secs..and then continues playing. he has alot of energy :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]