1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I'm having trouble letting go

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Kenimet, May 15, 2010.

1. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Hello All,

Since the death of my cat Sassy I have had a lot of trouble letting go and maybe accepting that she is gone. Every time I come home I still expect her to jump up or climb and sit on my shoulders. When I take my other cats out I will look for her when I call them back in, even though her grave is in my garden. Is this normal to be this way? I have times when I just break into tears when I think of her. Am I loosing it?

Mike

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Normal yes!! I did the same this past Aug when I put my Patches down after 15 years with her!! Called out to her, looked for her, thought she was crying in the living room in the middle of the night...swear I heard her!! Still after 8 months miss her dearly!!! Know she's gone her handmade box of ashes sit on our mantle plain sight yet I still look for her...
    Sorry for the loss it is hard to cope at times!! Hang in there it gets a tad easier... :cry: I feel ya!

3. Kenimet

Kenimet New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply. That little cat was such a big part of my life having raised her from before her eyes were open until the day she died. I'm not the person who cries at human funerals and being a paramedic my job takes me to the doors of death almost every week. I miss her sleeping in the bend of my arm or leg, coming when I called her, just everything. I guess I will get over her, but not soon. I have 3 other cats, but Sassy was my constant companion when I was at home. I miss her so much it's hard to describe.

Thanks again, I have never been like this before about anything.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

it is always hard...I remember when I lost my former dog 4.5 years ago. She was with us nearly 14 years and that night my husband called her to come get his pizza crust!
    It does take awhile...but in that time that we adjust to them being gone I like to think they are looking down on us at Rainbow Bridge for awhile to make sure we are doing okay

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

sob sob that made me cry..... Patches slept in the crook of my arm too or behind my knees, came to my calls, she was always where I was.... sob sob.... I helped Patches mom deliver her so I too know the feeling of I helped bring her into this world and I held her when she left this world.... It doesn't get any easier!!! She and all of our furbabies are all looking down at us yes Mary I think so too from Rainbow bridge. And they are waiting for us to come home too. They are keeping our beds warm.... You never get over a furbaby loss you get used to them not being there.... I often call Zoe (yes I had to get another girl....was just lost without my girl!!) Patches by mistake... but I do call her some of the same nick names.... :lol: I think Patches spirit comes out in Zoe sometimes... Just to let me know she's still around....
    Take care and time will heal