1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

In Memory of Tim

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by elizavixen, Feb 1, 2005.

1. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

My horse Tim died this morning. I am a little confused as to exactly what happened. Friday he was lame so they gave him bute Fri and Sat. Sat he was fine again. Sun he was acting funny so vet came out again and gave him some shots. He thought the bute made his stomach upset. This morning he died. The vet said from colic. ?

Anyways, Tim was a great horse. He was a strawberry roan QH. He was my first horse that was completely mine. I got him around 1995. I learned to ride english on him. We learned how to jump together. Before I got him he was only ever used as a trail horse. We did very well in the local show circuit. He never once bucked or reared or anything like that. He always did everything I asked except flying lead changes. He didn't like those. Around 2001 he started to get arthritis in his hind leg so I quit jumping him and just sort of retired him.

I don't know what else to say. I am a little shocked by all this. He was always perfectly healthy. And he wasn't that old, 20. My other horse we have is about 40+. ?

I feel like the angel of death or something. Everything around me seems to be dying. First it was my grandfather, then my great grand mother, then my dad, then my dog Stanley, then my cat Whitey, then my other dog Samantha, and now Tim. All within like 4 yrs. All before their time. If I didn't have Indy to take care of I'd end this nightmare.

2. OTTB lvr

OTTB lvr New Member

::hugs elizavixen:: I'm sorry about your losses :( Especially Tim, with that being the most recent. Death of a loved one, whether human or animal, is never easy to deal with. Especially when so much happens in such a short time.
    You're in my prayers

3. horse_child

horse_child New Member

I'm so sorry for all your pets and family memeber leaving you. Hugs to you! You're in my thoughts and prayers.