1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

info about weight pull

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by pcolachic, Apr 21, 2005.

1. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

i'm trying to find out more about it anyone got any info
    I don't really know much about the sport and i'm just interested in finding out what it's about
    how to go about it if it were something i wanted to do things like that

2. sgk mistress

sgk mistress New Member

Look online and find your local pitbull club....here in OKC its the 89er Kennel club who run the show/pulls.....we have one coming up in norman oklahoma.....also the ADBA has show/pull guidelines on their website.....

www.adba.cc

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I 2nd that! pcolachic where are you located, we can point you to your local breed club that. There are also info websites people have put up out there.

4. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

i am in pensacola florida all my dogs are adba registered

if you could help me out with something in my area it would be greatly appericated
    :eek:

5. sgk mistress

sgk mistress New Member

do a Google search for florida pitbull clubs

6. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

thanks but iv tryed that it usually just comes up with a bunch of crap or clubs that are like 6 or more hours from where i live
    :?
    id like to find something a little closer if its possiable

7. sgk mistress

sgk mistress New Member

gimme an idea where you are

8. sgk mistress

sgk mistress New Member

FLORIDA

Mid-Florida Club
    Lisa Walker
    P.O. Box 535
    Ruskin, FL 33575
    (813) 983-8175

Tampa Bay Club
    Marion Strong
    P.O. Box 2294
    Bushnell, FL 33513
    (352) 793-7223

Down Home Club
    Patsy Register
    P.O. Box 545
    DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
    (850) 892-6130

Sunshine State APBTC
    Ron Davis
    1540 S. 15 A
    Deland, FL 32720
    (386) 740-7444

any of these close???

9. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

panhandel of florida right near alabama (I actually work over there)
    its where hurrican ivan hit if that rings a bell
    thanks

10. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

defuniak springs fl
    is the closest but its about 3 1/2 hours away but thanks for the help

11. sgk mistress

sgk mistress New Member

12. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Isn't that the APBR site? The one that is a sham registry for bybs? What I would do is stick with the ADBA. I know you said one club was about 3.5 hours. You are just getting info though, so you can call them. You could go to a meeting, or maybe you should just go to a show there are always people there willing to help. And if you are going to be pulling your dogs your going to be travelling all over the country to shows anyway. What kind of info do you want? Maybe we can find some online sites with weight pull info.

13. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

well i just wanted to know the basics, training things like that
    i just wish there was a apbt club any club close to me it seems like
    everyone around here that has pits has them for the wrong reason
    i just wish there were more people around here that had the same
    love for pits as i do

14. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

ok I will try to dig up some training sites for you. Everyone trains a little different, also different things work on different dogs. And people have their own way. But I will try to find a few sites with the basics of weight pull training to give you an idea. The younger you can start them out is usually better.

15. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

the pups i wanna train are 6 months and 12 wks kya (the oldest) weighs
    54lbs and sable (the puppy) weighs 32lbs (shes gonna be a big girl) if that helps any
    my boy cassius is too dog aggressive to do weight pull (hes a big bully)
    and my other girl sasha is pregnant (so the only thing shes gonna be doin is getting spoild rotten)

just wanted to give you a little info on my dogs maybe it will help you out
    a little

thanks for the help i feel a little dumb not knowing anything about this
    :oops:

16. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Well damn she is going to be big, but what about that male he's going to be huge as well, 54lbs already and only 6 months old.

Here is a pretty good link hope it helps, I'm sure there are many more, well I know there are at least a few but this one covers everything nicely.

http://www.apbtconformation.com/weight_pulling.htm

17. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

actually the one who weighs 54lbs is a girl too I have three girls and a boy my boy
    cassius is 3years old he weighs 96lbs but he's very dog aggressive so i can't really put him in weight pull

sasha is 2 she weighs 72lbs but shes pregnant so she's just gonna be getting spoild

kya is 6months she and weighs 54lbs

sable is 12 wks and weighs 32 lbs

there all big babys though but anyway thanks so much for the link it was very helpful :eek:

18. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Oh sorry, for some reason I got that she was a he...sorry. So they are all pretty huge dogs. I have one like that, dog aggressive, is a good puller too but just too much aggressive which really messes him up. He pulls fine, but at a show there is going to be a lot of dogs so think we are outta luck. One time I made the mistake of trying to pull him while a friend had their dog in sight near the track waiting his turn and mine flew off the track and almost took the cart with him!!! So you're not going to pull Sasha? They are all ADBA? Where did you get them, what bloodlines? I think you should have pretty good luck with the 2 younger ones, since they are both pups they should be easily trained and ready by the time they are old enough to pull. You can also check out APA pull shows. Your welcome, glad I could offer some help.

19. pcolachic

pcolachic New Member

yea their all adba cassius and sasha are boudreaux and chevy red I got them from a local breeder kya's bloodline consists of watchdog and mealers I got her from joe babe at get off the porch kennels her mom is jazmyn and her dad is mealers blue boy
    sable came from mealers pitbull farm I havnt got her pedigree back yet so I dont know her exact bloodline yet but you can check out his web site her mom is bloody mary and her dad is cowboy
    but yea kya and sable are the only ones I would like to pull sasha's already 2 and shes pregnant plus shes a big slobbery hyper mess shes really sweet with every person and dog she meets but shes very hyper i dont think she would have the patients for weight pull
    :m30: lol

20. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

ok the mastiff blood really explains the size. even if mixed with the bordeaux blood you will still get big dogs. Sometimes the ADBA takes forever to get your pedigrees and paperwork back to you. Even with a rush its sometimes late. If I remember mealers is one of those blue fad breeders so its probably a blue line of dogs or scatterbred.