1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Info for those wanting ferrets

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by cosmicpixie, Oct 31, 2004.

1. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Hello All,
    I've noticed a lot of small animal owners who are looking into adding to thier family or looking for a first time pet are considering ferrets. Please be aware that yes ferrets are very cute and a fun unusual pet to own. However they are very high maitence. They require constant handling (every day for extended periods of time) you must teach your ferret not to nip. They also need time outside of thier cage to get exercise for at least two hours every day. My youngest ferret is extremely particular about the cleanliness of thier cage. If she feels the litter box is too dirty for her liking she will go potty elsewhere. Ferrets also need vaccinations every year (Rabies and Distemper) and as your ferret grows older they will need much more extensive care. My oldest ferret is just under five years old. She has adrenal disease, which is a tumor on a gland. It causes her to go bald. Every three months she recieves shots at fifty bucks each in order to reduce the symptoms and shrink the tumor.
    Ferrets do make excellent pets, but please please educate yourself first about these little wonders. There are many things to consider other than time and money. If you ever want to get another pet other than a ferret that's something you need to keep in mind or if you already have a pet in the home if they will be gentle with you fuzzies. A good website with excellent information is http://www.ferretcentral.org also a good resource for information is your areas ferret rescue and breeders. Do you homework before bringing home these beautiful and exotic pets.

Xenia, Loki, Nero and Chloe's Mom (aka Tracie)

2. sashavonfrettchen

sashavonfrettchen New Member

can anyone help me?(my ferret)

i have a ferret and i was wondering if you knew how much a first visit would cost and how mucha shot is also, i left fo r2 weeks and was not able to take my fuzzy with me and my uncle fed her and played and took care of her and he said she ate fine but now it doesnt seem like shes eatin..do u think u could help me if so send reply to ilovefrogs32191@yahoo.com thank u :lol: