1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is Maine trying to pass a law to ban pitbulls?

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Laylabullybaby, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Laylabullybaby

Laylabullybaby New Member

hi all. I am new to this site. I have a 7 year old red nosed brown brindle pitbull. She brings more joy to me than I ever thought possible... I need to know if anyone knows if Maine is trying to outlaw pitbulls and what i can do to stop it. we live in the woods... not a person for miles except other family members... even if there were other people around us there would be no problem.... I am a responseble owner.... she is well trainned and well loved. I would be lost without her, she is like my child... the thought of someone taking her away and killing her scares me so completly... i need info.

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

I dont know....I did find this on line though which says that Maine is one the States that prohibits BSL's.....as long as nothng has changed, I dont know how old the information is.

http://www.blessthebullys.com/id26.html

Good luck, I hope they dont do this.

3. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

4. ACO

ACO New Member

Here in Toronto we have passed the dread bill 132 banning pit bulls in all of Ontario. What has happened here, so as not to punnish the responsible folks who currently own pit bulls is we have 'grandfathered' all spayed/neutered and currently licensed dogs.

Anyone who has owned a pit bull prior to D day, has them spayed or neutered and licensed can keep their dog. Restrictions placed on the dogs are that they must always be on leash when off their own property and must be on muzzle as well.

I know that it doesn't change the fact that this is a totally rediculous idea, to ban a whole breed insted of providing proper education things like training, leaving the breeding to the breeders, etc, etc. But it does allow those of us who care for our pets to keep our pets.