1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any product I can use to clean my albino cockatiel

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Paula, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Paula

Paula New Member

Hi This is my first post and I'm hoping someone may be able to help me. I have a 5 month old albino cockatiel who is stained. She ate some cherry bite treats for birds and not only did it stain her feathers it continues to spread each time she has a bath or gets wet. She now is half pink! I was told that her next set of feathers will have more oils in them and she will therefore be easier to keep clean but what should I do until then? Is there a product (bought or at home) that I can use on her that will not damage her feathers or be harmful to her if ingested? Thanks for any ideas.
    Paula
    [/list]

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi welcome to the forums. I would just mist her with water everyday , She is 5months old she will be due to start her 1st molt soon so that will take the pink out of her feathers.

The only other option is ask an avian vet what to use as i would not use anything over the counter to wash her with.

Mike

3. Paula

Paula New Member

My Pink Bird Bella

Thanks Mike. I was thinking that was what I would have to do, be patient until she molts and no more red treats! I appreciate your input.
    Paula