1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is this normal behaviour

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Hi everyone,
    Sorry i haven't been around for a while, but fagan seemed to be doing normal "Bird" things so it's been a tad quiet, but now he's got two habits that i would like to know "are they normal"?

the first one is he has a small hardish plastic bowl, which he takes the edge and will suck (that's what it look like) it for a good couple of minutes, he plays with this thing continally, and throws it around and then "sucks" on it again. Is this normal?

the next one, is i have wooden floors, and i am aware that the birds beaks are very sensitive, he will walk around on the floor banging his head, not often but does it anyway, almost as if he's trying to give himself a headache. Is this normal. Other that these quirky things he's a happy fat healthy bird.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Sounds to me like you have a normal bird who likes to play, The banging his head off the floor could actually be him slipping and banging his head.
    It could also be that he does not like the flooring so he is trying to soften it.

But he does sound normal, You will find if he has toys he will start trying to throw them around aswell.
    Birds have a habit of acting silly just like small children which is what makes owning a bird fun...

Mike