1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

It's Halloween Season, Time for Ghost Stories, REAL ONES!

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by Cassie, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Ok, it's Halloween season...lets share real life ghost stories!

I'll begin...

My mom had just pased away and my two sisters flew down to help with everything. Well, the night they arrove (The day after mom passed), the sleeping arrangements were that my older sis and her hubby would sleep in my double bed, I would sleep on the couch and my little sister would sleep in mom's bed.

As I was falling to sleep, I was in that mental zone right in between sleep and wake and saw my mom come out of her bedroom and sit in her favorite rocking chair in the living room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and saw my little sister sitting there. I kinda freaked out and she was white as a sheet. She said that she was sleeping and felt someone shake her shoulder, she sat up and it was mom. She said she rubbed her eyes and mom was gone so she got up and came out to the livingroom to wake up and get over the eerie feeling!

For several years after, I had crazy dreams about talking with my mom that didn't 'feel' like dreams, they were so real! Both my sisters experienced this also. Untill one night I told my mom in my dream that she was upsetting all of us and she needs to rest. None of us had another dream like that afterward.

I want to add that me and my sisters are connected somehow psychically (sp?)...we almost always know when one of us are in need or in a bad situation. All our hubby's refer to us as 'the witches'. LOL

2. Bente

Bente New Member

That's a creepy story! :m8:

I have one too:

This happened in 1997, when I was 13 years old. My mother was home for the summer holiday (she lived in Germany for 9 years), and me and my brother was living with her at my grand parents house.

In January earlier that year, my mom had a nightmare. She dreamt that I was killed by a wolf pack and that my brother just died.
    And the night before she got on the plane to Norway (6 months later), she had the same dream again, only this time I was killed by a lone wolf and that my brother drowned in the toilet (She could just see his dead face in the water surface)...

One day not long after she came to Norway we were at the beach, and my brother (who was 9years at the time) almost drowned!
    Later that summer I got seriously bitten by the neighbours dog! (had to go to the hospital, got anesthetic and surgery)...

Mysterious :shock:

3. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

That's so creepy you guys :-s !!

I don't have any creepy stories that I can think of! Just wanted to say that I liked yours!

4. Mix Breed lover

Mix Breed lover New Member

Cassie, My Mom died 2 1/2 years ago. She also visits me in my sleep. I welcome her visits. I have no fear and find comfort in them. The only one that scared me was when she told me I only had 29 years left to live, if I didn't change my ways. My Mom was 57 when she died. I was 28 at the time of this dream, 28 and 29 is 57. She also died the 29th of May. She also plays with my hair from time to time. I'll be sitting quietly and feel my hair being moved like someone is playing with it. Don't ask me how I know, but it is Mom. She is letting me know she is still with me. My sisters and brother experiance similar things. I miss my Mom so much but it is nice to know she is there.

5. Blueribbon

Blueribbon New Member

My mom died in 1995. My Daughter ( Rebecca ) was born in 1999. Well about 1 and 1/2 yrs ago I had found my mom's state ID card and had put it in my glove box of my car. I was taking my daughter to the park and I noticed that she was holding onto something so I asked her " What do you have there". She showed me what she had and then told me that it was a picture of grandma Darlene, mind you now she has never seen any picture's of my mother. I said yes that's grandma Darlene but sweety how did you know that, she then told me that grandma D comes and talks to her at night when she feels scared and alone and that she's my Guardian Angel and she LOVES U MOMMY and me.

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

MixBreedLover, her 'visits' were upsetting to us because she was always confused and angry that she can't find her things. In my final dream with her I tried to explain that she had passed away and needs to rest.

I love these real life ghost stories. It's amazing how many people that have personal experience with them! Keep em comming folks!

7. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Oh Blueribbon, that has to be the sweetest 'ghostly' experience I've ever heard of!

8. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Ok, long but very strange experience. This occurred back in the early 70's when I was about 14. We had moved into a brand new house and had lived there for a little over a year with no problem.

My boyfriend and brother were driving home from work together one evening and about a half mile from home, they both had a heavy feeling of dread come over them at the exact same moment. When it happened, they just looked at each other wide eyed and said in unison "Did you feel that!??". When they got home, they told us about it and said that they both still felt 'something dark, something evil...weird and creepy'. We all just kinda laughed it off.

Over the following months many strange things began happening in our house. It was like they had picked something up on that ride home and brought it into the house where it stayed.

Things like lights turning on, window shades opening, doors opening...all occuring when no one was at home. We'd leave for school, work and come home and all the lights would be on, all shades up and all doors opened.

After a few months of that, it became more physical like footsteps in the hallway just pacing back and forth and a door physically moving slightly out of the corner of your eye.

Then one night I was sleeping on the top bunk of the bed that I shared with my sister and I woke to what felt like someone slamming their hand against the footboard of the bed. It was such a violent slam that when I started awake, my lamp was wobbeling from the impact. I laid quietly in the dark trying to convince myself that my sister had just kicked the footboard in her sleep. As I laid there, heart pounding, my sister entered the room. I was alone in there.

We kept it quiet within the family and my boyfriend and never told anyone about it. Every single family member experienced things several times but we figured people would think we were nuts if we told anyone.

I had a girlfriend spend the night and we sat up chatting like girls do till 4am at which time she moved to the bottom bunk and I stayed on top. We turned the lights off and chatted for about another half hour in the dark before finally falling asleep. The next thing I knew, I was wide awake sitting up and was frozen, could not move. I could feel the bunkbed rocking back and forth and my friend in the bottom bunk struggling and muffled protests.

Finally it stopped and I could move. I turned around and turned the light on on my headboard. She shouted at me "WHY DID YOU DO THAT!!??". I was like "What??? What is going on!?". She literally jumpped onto my bunk and I could see a hand imprint on her face with large fingers on her forehead. And she was freaking out.

She said that she had fallen asleep and woke to loud heavy footsteps pacing the bedroom back and forth beside the bed. Then she heard the footsteps coming toward the bed and suddenly a hand covered her face and pressed her down into the pillow with such amazing strength that she couldn't breath or cry out. And she said that the hand came down from the side of the bed that was against the wall and she was trying to push back on the arm because she couldn't breath! I know it wasn't me because the bed was flat against the wall, My hand couldn't have fit AND when I woke, she was still struggling with 'it'.

We both were scared to death and decided to move to the living room where I told her about the other house experiences. She immediately phoned her dad to come and pick her up. As she was going for the phone we checked the time and every clock in the house still read 4am!

Needless to say, she never came over again. She also would never speak to me again.

After that, I began talking to the 'entity' and explained that we lived there and are happy to share the space with 'it' but it would have to calm down and know that 'it' is welcome to stay with us if it wishes. Aside from the lights, window shades, doors and occasional hallway footsteps, nothing physical ever happened again. We moved about 6 months later and luckily, it didn't follow us.

Now, I know this sounds like a wild story but I sware on both my deceased parents and my son's life that everything I posted here is the absolute truth. I've put off posting this because every time I relate this experience to people, it's upsetting to me and feel's like it happened just yesterday. Its like reliving it. But it's such a strong and incredible experience that I just feel that I need to share.

9. Bente

Bente New Member

Oh my god Cassie! You really freak me out! (or not you, but your story...) :shock:

It reminds me about something one of my best friends just told me. She has reasently moved to an old house with her mother and sister, and she hates the bedroom she got. So many strange things happen in there that she just sleeps in the living room...

Almost every night she'll wake up and it's freezing, even if the windows are closed and the radiator is on.
    All the other rooms on the 2nd. floor have an attic, but not hers, so she can hear "something" up on the roof every night. It's to big for a bird, and there is no way that a cat or something like that may climb up b/c the house is so high.

She said that the worst thing so far was when she woke up one night and felt someone pulling her pony tail.
    At first she thought it was her sister who wanted to wake her up, but she couldn't move or open her eyes! That "someone" got very aggressive, like it really wanted her scrunchie...
    She has no idea how long it lasted, but all the time she was figthing to open her eyes. When she finaly managed, everything was like normal in that split second! But her scrunchie was on the floor...

Now she's not sure if it was just a dream, or if it really happened...

And this she told me after we had been to the movie and seen "The Village" Yup, thanks alot! :-s

10. vene

vene New Member

11. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

My only unexplainable experience happened when I was about 18. A friend and I had traveled to North Carolina to visit my parents during spring break. I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself on my back with my arms at my side. (I never did then, nor do I now, sleep on my back) I couldn't move or speak. I remember feeling like I was stuck to the bed. I tried to call out to my friend who was sleeping in the other bed but no sound came out of my mouth. I was "stuck" like this for a good minute before I finally broke free and sat up.

I've thought this could've been sleep "walking" or dreaming but I can remember now, just as well as I did then, every moment of it. I know I was awake when I couldn't move or speak. Just so strange.....

12. vene

vene New Member

Wtpooh, I had the same experiences when I was a child. I'll lay awake on my back, my arms by my sides and I'm paralyzed from the neck down. I used to think someone or something was sitting on me squeezing my neck or something. Hubby thinks it's just a normal paralyzing mechanism that we have when we sleep except we're awake when it happened. :?:

13. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I am into the paranormal and things like that and these stories are great not great as in rubbish i mean to read so many of you have literally the same things happen.

When i was about 6years old my mum had decided to let me stay up late to watch a movie with her as dad had gone to the pub anyway he always made her lock the backdoor and leave the key in but turn it so it could not be move and he would come in through the front door.
    Anyway it was about 11.30 and we heard the backdoor open and bang shut and then heard someone run through the hallway and up the stairs so me and mum went to have a look we checked in rooms under beds even in cupboards and wardrobes could not find anyone apart from my brother and sisters sounds asleep.
    We went back downstairs then we had an open fire and dads chair was sat next to it all of a sudden the chair move towards the fire and you could see the seat had an indentation as if someone was sat there, Then all you could smell was cigarette smoke no-one smoked in our house.

We later found out the old lady that lived there before us had died in the back yard from a heart attack.
    We moved about 1year later.

THe new house my mum had her grandmothers wardrobe and my little brother decided he wanted to see what was under mums bed, anyway he ran from the bedroom and fell down the stairs and was as white as a sheet mum tried asking what was wrong and he could not speak when we eventually got it out of him he said there was a scary man walking to the bottom of the bed he came from round the otherside of the bed, 2days later i was babysitting for a friend and the little boy was at my mums playing with my brother when he came running in screaming and white i asked what was wrong he said there was a little old lady dressed in a black dress and a white cardigan came down the stairs walked passed him smile touched his head and walked into mums downstairs toilet.
    She appeared again that night mum noticed her and started crying i asked what was wrong she said that the little old lady was her grandmother and the clothes she had on when they buried her when my mum was 6years old.
    Everynight she would appear from my mums wardrobe and come into all our rooms sit on the end of our beds smile and would try talking to me but i could not hear what she was saying..

My baby brother has told my mum that her grandmother is upstairs now he has never met the woman none of us had and we dont even live in the same house we saw her he also keeps telling my mum that she says hello and that she is there to make sure that my mum and him are ok and well ..

Mike

14. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Wow, I love the stories about deceased family members coming back and checking on living ones. So cool, anyways.
    These aren't my expiriences, they're my friends.

One of my friends, cortni, was laying on her bed asleep when she felt someone shaking her shoulder. she rolled over and found all of us (we were staying the night at her house) asleep on the floor. she just thought it was me playing a practical joke on her. (i was the closest to her and someone else would of had to step on me to get to her) a few minutes later she felt it again only from the other side of the bed (which was against a wall) she swatted at the hand and felt nothing but thin air. she sat and and said, Breann was that you? I' like, was what me? i can't lie at all to my friends, i start laughing and can't stop. let me tell you i wasn't laughing...

My other friend, Mitch was at her cousin's house and in thier basement is a pool table and a room where they keep all thier pool sticks and stuff. her and her cousin went down there to play pool and she saw a man in the room where they keep their sticks, looked again and he was gone. soon she got a creepy feeling and told her cousin what she saw. her cousin promptly repied, you too? they ran up the stairs and started looking through old year books. they both pointed to the same picture of a man at exactly the same time. turns out that man and her uncle were best friends but had a falling out when her uncle took the man's girlfriend from him...

I have had weird things like warm air blowing on my cheeks and something tugging at my hair or pushing me into the pillow (i sleep face down) or a weight on my back or pain in my sides that i get when someone squeezes my sides. i always thought they were dreams but now i'm not so sure.

15. horse_child

horse_child New Member

and how do you talk to spirits? (for lack of a better word)

16. horse_child

horse_child New Member

ok, i promise i won't post until someone else does, i just had to share this one too.
    i get visits from deceased pets sometimes. i love it when they come. i'll wake up to blueyes(and old cat) looking into my face watching me. i'll just smile and go back to sleep. if i go to the bathroom late at night i'll see him chewing on some plants (one of his worst habits) and i'll say to him, blueyes quit chewing on that plant and he'll look at me and go on chewing like he always did. my other pet that visits me is my old rabbit sasha. if i go out to the garage in the dark i can here him thumping in the there. and sometimes in the bird cage were he lived and died if i bend over i will feel him bite me in the butt like he always used to. i am the only one that really loved that rabbit cause he was a mean little bugger. always biting anybody that came into biting range and running away from everybody but me, when i called him by his name he would come running up to the cage door to greet me and when i let him out and then told him "kennel up" he'd hop back into the cage. lol

17. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i posted this on another website a few days ago....

actually yes lastnite...ill egt to that in a minute...first let me give a little background info......this house was built 17 years ago, for us...so no1 has owned it before. well, i few years ago i was down here (in the basement) and i went to turn off the lgihts...everytime i flipped them off, i watched them flip back on as if sum1 was menacing me....this went on a few times until i fianlly freaked out, slammked my hand down on the switchs as fast as i could and ran upstiars...at about 2:30-3 AM every moring when i would sit on the couch and watch TV i would always see a figure out of the corner of ym eye in the hallway (upstairs), but by the time i looked over it was always gone....back to down here in the basement....ther have been some weird things going on down here...a few months ago when we went on a trip to ohio to see some family, my brother watched the house and said that there is something down here (a ghost). when my friends come voer, they say somethnig is down ehre and refuse to sleep down here. lastnite, i was over here at the computer on the chair, but i was turned at watching senifeld on the tv, which is on the other sidde of the room (where stuff seems to be happening) there is a table about 10 feet from me that has some boxes stacked on it....as i was wathcing i got a felling to look between the crack on the boxes stacked up....the crack was only about a foot in length....as i did i saw a grey head pop up looked at the wall to the right(as if it were kneeling, so i couldnt see the body b/c the table was blocking it), then it turn and stare at me.....we stared at eachother for what seemd like a minute, but was probably more along the lines of 2-3 seconds, then it went down and disappeared...it had shorter hair, was a mle probably in his early 20's, but had some big round eyes that it stared at me with...i was figuring maybe it was my black lab. or golden retriever b/c of the lightinng, may have looked like this...i walked over there and found nothing. i went upstairs and looked around, and found both asleep in my bedroom. i went and told my mom what happened, and she said there is a lot of stuff going on by the tv. b/c she always sees something out of the corner of her eye while on the computer but she never looks (she never told me this) then, i knew i saw somthing....then, after i decided to stay upstairs and do some h/w, one of my dogs got up, walked over to the basement door (which was shut) and started barking (it was about 11 PM)............also, sometimes when we are down here, my dogs jsut seem to be watchign somehting that i cannot see....i see them follow something with their eyes and heads, and sometimes growl.....people say animals are more susceptible to ghosts then us....all of this just really spooks me out...my basement isnt any old bad looknig one either...this house is a brick ranch and is in a pretty nice neighborhood...basement is finished and all, so i dont nkow why ghosts are in the house...ill try to take some pictures if you want to i can show you the basement/where the ghost was as soon as i find the camera....

at my cousins house

his house is an old farming house out in armada (rural area around here) and i was always freaked out of the basement there (it is about 7 feet tall, dirt floor, concrete walls, few rooms, not lit very well)..and i knew somehting wasnt right about it, and especially one room of the house on the first of the 2 story house....i always had a feeling something was there and always got cold chills in there... after years of this, i finally told my cousin about this and guess what he found out from his mom...
    the house is about 200 years old, and it was used as a funeral home for a while up until about 50-75 years ago...the one room thats i would always get chills in was the room where the funeral processions were held....and naturally, you know what goes on in the basement of a funeral home....

18. vene

vene New Member

Grnlemonade, why not tell the ghost/s they are welcome to stay if they leave everthing alone. Better yet, why not get your house blessed and tell the ghosts to "go in the light?" Why would ghosts hang around funeral homes? Isn't it more fun to hang out where they actually died or roam and visit the world? I used to work in a hospital floor right above the morgue and ghosts are always messing things up, not letting me work. Thank goodness they usuall do that on my non busy days but it was still quite annoying. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. :p

19. horse_child

horse_child New Member

People say that when you see something out of the corner of your eye but when you look its gone then its oyur gaurdian angel. i've always liked that theory.

20. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

might be ghsots at my cousins house from past owners...i do know that about 150 years ago there was a fire that destroyed aprt of the house, but no fatalities that we know of.