1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

its not a cat but its our new baby....

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by FMgurl43, Apr 10, 2004.

1. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

aww cute! me and my partner were looking at a poster of different guinea pig breeds at the vets yesterday. some of them were so weird looking!

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Lol. He's very cute. Let's try and make this cat related since we are in the cat forum. Let's see......okay, I read that one of your cats is trying to get into the cage with him/her. Now does your cat want to just hang out with him/her or does he want to eat him? When I was a kid I had some G. pigs too and some dwarf hampsters. My cat (the one that lived for 20.5 years) was so good with all of them. She knew she wasn't allowed to eat them. She was also raised with a dwarf rabbit and they were the best of friends. The rabbit was never in a closed cage. They would even nap together.

4. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

well garfeild tries to play w/ him but simba just wants to eat him... sassy teddy bear and chyanne r terrified of him though...lol when he squeaks they run but the 2 boys come running in to see whats going on.... my cat jason also used to be the same way i raised hamsters guinea pigs and rabbits and jason was best friends w/ the rabbits and piggys the piggys and rabbits all lived together soooo but jason would go get in their run in the back yard w. them and nap w/ them or he woud groom them it was sooo cute...

5. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

Very cute. I had a cat named SAMMY (THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD) who did when he was about 20 years old (I still think about him & miss hIM and it has been 10 years). His picture still hangs proudly in our house. (I LOVE MY OTHER CATS BUT WILL NEVER FORGET SAMMY.

Anyways I rased and had manny rat, hamster, & mice babies when I was younger. Sammy loved them all. In fact one day when came home and found sammy with the hamster babies (my hamster had gotten out and died and sammy was laying around the babies. he would let us put the rats, hamsters, or the rats on him and the would crawl around on him (they seems to love his head the most).

The only bad thing was if we would of ever had a stray rat, mice or bug my cat would have not gought them (GOOD THING OUR HOUSE WAS SUPER CLEAN AND OUTSIDER BUG AND ROADENT FREE!).

ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BABY!!!

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Lol. That is so funny. So, are you going to get him/her a friend? Or do they do better on their own? You mentioned in another post that one of your cats kept opening up his/her cage. Have you found a way to keep the G. pigs cage door locked?

7. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

no i cant get pumba a friend even though i wish i could but i cant but my 2 friends just went and got 2 babies from pumbas litter so he has his family still close i baby sit one of the piggys and pumba and the other pig play all day as far as the 3rd piggy that one vistis at least 2 days a week sooo.... and simba i think has thought of the piggy an old thing cause simba will still sit next to the cage and watch pumbas everymove but he dosent try to get into it anymore... garfields the one whos been getting into trouble w/ pumba now gar will sit there and put his paws though the cage at the pumba but pumba got fed up today and sniped at him it made garfeild kinda sad cause after that he hung on me all day and still hasnt messed w/ pumba....lol he learned his lesson.... i think simba decided that he wasnt gonna mess w/ pumba anymore since i went down yesterday to the humane society and gave a donation 4 a cage sooo since pumba has a new cage i think simba just gave up...lol

kristisanchez:thats to cute about ur cat doing that....lol.... i know what u mean about ur kitty i had my jason since i was 3 and he was the best cat ever and the same here i love mine to death but there will be no other jason even though my garfeild is almost exactly like him....i have pix of jason everywheer to... a scrapbook full of memories of my jay etc....

8. kristisanchez

kristisanchez New Member

FMgurl43:
    it't true you love your new animales but you can never replace the ones that have passed, expecally the best of the best. I am glad to hear you are as passionate about your cats as I am of mine.

My new cats are great but they are diffenent than others I have had in the past. This could be because of my kids and husband also. My prevous cats only had me (even when I was growing up). Now my cats have 5 people (my husband, my 3 kids and I to deal with).

Anyways I love them all. But I will always remember Sammy.

9. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Pumba is a papa? Where is the mama? Oh yeah, we have to make this cat related.....did the cats try to get the mama and the babies? That's nice that you can 'piggysit' now and again.