1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

JRT X Boston?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Walt, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Walt

Walt New Member

So i'm at the dog park the other day and ran into a couple with this little badass of dog. He could'nt have been more then 20ld max but he ran around park totaly intimadating dog 3-4 time his size including my pitt.

The little guy was very friendly but didnt know the meaning of the word Fear. It made me LOL the way he proudly pranced around the park like he owned the place.

I asked the owners of the dog where they got him and they told me he was a product of a divorce and was given to them so really had no info on him at all.

My question is has anyone ever herd of this cross JackRussel x Boston befor and if so is it common and what are the pros & cons about this mix.

Thanks in advance

Walt

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Never heard of it but I can imagine it boucing off the wall and climbing on the ceiling doing a tap dance ! :lol: Both of those are fiesty little dogs ,so a mix has to be really outgoing !

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Anythings possible. I've met a very fiesty JRT too. Soon as it came into the small dog park it went after another small dog. The ladie wanted to know if here friend with a big dog could come in with the little ones. I said no way this is for little dogs. If you do come in, I'm leaving. She took the hint. Now I say this especially since my smaller terrier mix was attacked by a giant malamute and did not want him freaked out. That woman had to leash her dog, it was the only way to keep the rest of the dogs safe. My terrier mix is possibe wire haired JRT-border collie ,22 lbs.. He is the welcome wagon type of dog that loves all dogs and people. Sorry, I guess you probably did not want to hear all that.

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

man, I live in the sticks...... I wish we had a dog park around here!! :cry: that always sounds so totally cool!!!

5. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

dog parks are okay but I had rather not use them beacuse of all the crazy people and there are some that take the meanest ones there ,sometimes I believe they do it to spite the people that have sweet natured dogs ...

6. dbuzzw

dbuzzw New Member

dog parks

MonsterBailey,

I live in Houston, and believe it or not, we just got our first dog park a few months ago! So big city does not necessarily = plenty of dog parks. :D

We've only been once, but it was great. Funny thing, my little wild child stuck by my side the whole time (and she's the one who will accept a belly rub from anyone and wants to play with anything and everyone), but my more mellow, aloof baby took off and had a blast.

Diane

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

dbuzz,
    funny you should say that about your wild child being shy and stickin by you.... my Bailey does that same thing!!! He is sooooo friendly and will walk up to anyone and anything (especially kids!).... but then sometimes he's soooooo shy!! I was trying to introduce him to the neighbor dog and he was shy and timid and immediately jumped on my lap and hid his face in my neck.... he does similar things when I'm out and holding him and someone we know goes to pet him, HE HIDES HIS FACE, like he's bashful. :roll: The best thing is when I hand him to someone to hold (like my mom or a family member, especially) he immediately looks over his shoulder at me like "where's my mom? where's my mom?" :shock: tooooooooo cute! :)

8. pompeii

pompeii New Member

A mix of any breed is possible, really.

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

dbuzz and malti:
    You'll have to read my post I just posted called "Dog Park".... I found a dog park close by and we went today for Bailey's first.
    Dbuzz, Bailey was exactly like your wild child!! :)