1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Large dogs thought to be dangerous

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by lildolphynlvr2, Apr 22, 2004.

1. lildolphynlvr2

lildolphynlvr2 New Member

:x I dont know how many of you are from Washington State but they just tried to pass a law that any dog over 30 lbs would be concidered a threatful /visious.(sry about spelling) :p dog and they were trying to get it to be LAW until 100 plus of us large dog and not so large dog owners showed up ,and thank god it didnt pass. :-k :-k :-k :-k They wanted to get all the owners to get million dollar insurance policies on their dogs too,Can ya believe that garbage....

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

That's so dumb. Good to know you guys won the fight, for now anyways. I would keep my eyes and ears open if I were you though. Once those dumb politicians get any idea in their head, they will continually alter the law until it is agreed upon and they still pretty mcuh get what they want. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to put a muzzle law up now.

Good luck!!

3. footsie

footsie New Member

Are you talking about house bill 2043? Thats the only thing I can find that is recent and close to what you are saying. If it is another bill, please let me know becuase I am interested.

2043 makes no qualifications based the the size or breed of the dog. It defines dangerous dogs as dogs who have a history of biting and injuring people or other animals and potentially dangerous dogs as dogs who approach people or animals in public places with a threatening posture. The required insurance is not $1 million.

For the complete bill:

http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2003 ... 122003.txt

4. jrbuddha

jrbuddha New Member

5. jrbuddha

jrbuddha New Member

6. footsie

footsie New Member

Thanks for posting this. I'm in Vancouver, WA, so I get Portland news rather than Seattle news, so this wasn't covered at all. And the first poster had said this was going to be a state law, so I was looking at the state legislature. I just found this update while reading your links. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/apl ... pagefrom=1.

To clarify, as the original post had some errors (I'm not for the law, but I think exagerating and not telling the truth about it does more harm than good): This was a proposed city ordanance, not a state law. It would only have been effective in Auburn city limits. The 30 pound limit was defining potentially dangerous, and the only part of the ordanace that was for potentially dangerous dogs is a leash law, which is nothing new. Dogs over 30 pounds who have attacked or threatened a person or animal while not restrained are considered dangerous. Dangerous dogs are where the much stricter and controvercial laws come into play, including that the owner need to have a $250,000 insurance policy (including homeowner's). Not a million.
    Also, as lildolphynlvr2 said, the law didn't pass. But it is being rewritten and will be before the city council again, so the fight isn't over yet.