1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Like Daughter like Mother?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by zarate, Nov 7, 2005.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

I'm proud to announce my mother just purchased her first cockatiel!!!! She got him from the same person I got mine from. She just got him today, but he feels comfortable out on her shoulder and he's already eating. I have yet to see him, but said he's a pearl. She's not sure of his exact age, (this woman's son hand feeds them, and is in charge of his birds, and he wasn't there when my mom got the bird) But he's under a year of age. She's gonna find out exactly how old soon when my mom e-mails them. She's named him Humphrey. My mom brought him home, put him in his already set up cage and went grociery shopping....when she got home my 2 older brothers were already playing with Humphrey. So the whole family will be handling this guy! Which is good for him, correct?
    Will I still be able to bring my cockatiel over? (once the month or so is up and we know of his health) I bring my bird with me often when I visit my parents...for a couple reasons, to socialize her and get her used to going places and so far she loves visiting. She allows anyone to handle her and won't fly from anyone. She has just recently started cuddling with my husband too, it's cute. She tucks herself under your chin and puts her head down on you. She's very loving.
    We don't want our birds to bond, but I don't think that will be a problem since they won't be housed together. Oh...I won't be taking her anywhere until it's warm again anyways. So there is plenty of time for Humphrey to bond to the people occupants of my parents house. Does anyone see a problem with our birds visiting each other? Thanks!
    -Mandi

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Everyone seems to be getting cockatiels hehehehe.
    Glad he settled in so well this is the thing when getting a handraised bird they settle so much faster.

I do not see there being any problem you still taking your bird over when you visit your parents atleast this will give the 2 birds some time together to play in each others company...

Even though they will not be housed together the more they see of each other then they will bond together do not worry though as since they are both handled all the time and not always going to see each other this will not cause any problems.

Mike