1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Lionhead's bumps growing over his eyes-he can't see...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by supermarc26, May 15, 2004.

1. supermarc26

supermarc26 New Member

My Lionhead Goldfish...the bumps on his/her? head are growing over it's eyes and I don't think he/she can see anymore. I'm worried about him/her being able to see the food, at feeding time. I have two more in the 55 gallon tank with him/her. He/she is about 5 inches long...I've had the fish for about 6 months. Can anyone help me with this situation? ( I don't want to call it a problem...he/she might get scared. I don't know if he/she ever checks out this website and he/she might come across this post. ) Ha! just a bit of humor in the face of this worry! thanks for anything, anyone might be able to do. marc

2. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

As far as I know they breed those fish to look that way. I would not buy one because I feel the way you do about worrying if it can see and stuff. I am not a goldfish buff though so I'm sure someone else can help you better. :roll:

3. beautfulmine

beautfulmine New Member

can you post some picture?

4. t_h_e_s_a_c_k

t_h_e_s_a_c_k New Member

Here's a couple pics. Not very clear, but I hope they help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hooben

Hooben New Member

I wouldn't worry. I definitely see one of the eyes is not covered up. Fishes adapt fairly well. Fancy goldfish poke around for food alot and I don't think your fish will have any problems in the future. Fishes can taste when there is food in the water and they navigate using their lateral line and eyesight. What I am trying to say is that fishes rely on many senses to find food and get around. I think it will be fine. :mrgreen:

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

errr thats gota hurt! but im sure it will b just fine

7. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

troll alert. :roll:

8. Fin_Rot

Fin_Rot New Member

That just wrong...