1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Lord Help Me, Sams disease struck me too!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I may getting a Great Pyr rescue. She's 1 year old and my friend is calling me this weekend to let me know. She usually does it in Michigan, but she does not have room and they think the place they were going to place her looks like it might fall through. So..... she called me! Is it wrong that I'm hoping?

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hehe, congrats! If you get her.....we want pictures!! :D

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:m7: I think I am getting a new digital this weekend so I will get pictures of Sarge and if I get the new girl. Which we all already know I will be keeping if she and Sarge get along. My friend knew that too! The person I was waiting on to fix my camera didn't mean THIS century so a new one is in order!

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Well I hope you do get him being a foster mom it is such a great experience! Make sure to keep us updated and oh yes pictures for sure!

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Oh I will! I am trying to stay calm though. If her place works for her in Michigan, then I know it's better for her to not have to travel to me. But, I LOVE Pyrs!

6. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Muahahahaha!!!!! I've spread my EVIL disease! I hope you ALL get infected!!!!

7. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Well, as diseases go, it's a pretty good one to get. So, for the first time (and last, I'm sure!) I will say thank you for the disease sams! :eek:

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

LOL @ Sams... :) and congrats Sarge! (well almost congrats) :eek:

and I'm sowwy... :( what is Pyrs?

9. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Isnt it a nice desease though? I seem to miss the fostering part though where you actually find them new homes!

Monster I am sure I will spell this wrong but Great Pyranise. They are huge white fluffy dogs. I have never seen one in person but in pictures they look to me like pure white bernese mountain dogs or st. bernards. WE have a few owners on this board maybe they will hop in with some pics!

10. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

What is a Pyr? Um, a BIG, white (in most cases), double coated dog with a fluffy tail and a VERY strong will! They were bred centuries ago in the Pyrenees mountain range as livestaock guardians and still perform that job in many places today. They make wonderful family companions (hence my having THREE~ :eek: ) are fantastic with children and are great in the house, and as long as you feel everything being covered in white hair is a fashion statement they are Pyrfect~

I have lots of pictures of them, from 2 hours of age to adulthood on my site @ http://pyrpups.com

Hope the rescue comes through for you Sarge'smom . If not and you're still interested in a rescue Pyr, I have links to the various Pyr groups on my site as well.

11. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Thank you so much pyrmom! I hgave always loved Pyrs and if I can't help out this girl I would love the sites for the rescue of Pyrs. Thanks again!

P.S. her name is Lily. I love that name for a big white fluffy fur baby!

12. lil96

lil96 New Member

sargesmom, you really scared me! I read another post that said you ´might get a new pyr, and then I saw this and thought oh no, didn'T sarge just get over parvo or something oh no, poor sarge, I hope the new dog is ok too and I am reading through the post and trying to figure it out what is wrong with poor sarge, then I realize, duhuh I get it! Sometimes I am too slow! Congrats! :0019: Good Luck!

13. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

You are not slow! I started to post on the other topic and changed it to its own topic. I mixed it up on you and you still figured it out! The dog is up to date on all shots and I have not bleached every inch of my home and yard, My yard and house and everything in it should be white by now! Hey, if I get that Pyr, she might blend in and get lost!

14. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Meet Cyclone, he lives in Austin and I might be getting him instead of my Pyr. He is my other doggie love breed, a Mastiff.

Here is his picture:

[​IMG]

15. someday

someday New Member

Ohh...he's beautiful! Well good luck with either of them! I'm sure there's both wonderful dogs and will have a wonderful life with you helping them.

16. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Thank you someday! Is that a new picture for your avatar?

17. Nik

Nik New Member

18. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

My mom's dog Axel, who's on the dogster with Char, smokey and everyone,
    He's Pyr.

He's the best dog. A little on the dumb and dense side, but a good dog. If you howl like a dog, he'll join in. He also thinks he's small enough to cuddle in your lap! Yeah, all 150lbs of him!

19. someday

someday New Member

Sarge's mom- it's the same old picture, I just finally got it working consistently!

20. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

150 pounds???????? That's one over weight Pyr! lol, what does your mom feed him?