1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

mitzy not well

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by charmedagain, Apr 7, 2004.

1. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi guys mitzy has not eaten or had anything to drink today i am taking her to the vets tomorrow as i just dont know what to do i have tried her on everything from tuna to chicken and she will not even touch that her temp is normal and she is still playful but its just the not eating and drinking thats worrying me she is still feeding the pups but i know she is going to become weak if she dont eat or drink anything.
    I am sat here really worried and nearly in tears.
    She got the all clear for eclampsia the other day off the vet just hoping its nothing serious with her.
    Will keep you all posted of how she gets on.

mike

2. Rene

Rene New Member

Oh Mike I'm so sorry i hope she will be ok I know what it is like to be so worried when they dont feel well

Let us know what happens and my thoughts are with her

PS when nala wouldn't eat i boiled some chicken in chicken broth and mixed it with rice and chicken baby food and then she would eat just a little of it

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Oh no! I hope she snaps out of it, Mike. Have you tried some meat baby food? I think I have heard of people doing that. Although, it would take a LOT of baby food to feed a shepherd.

Jamiya

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Mike - poor Mitzy, I am sure she will be fine. you said you tried chicken, how about mashed chicken with some chicken juice. ((Hugs and thoughts of getting well to Mitzy))

honeybear

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi guys and thanks. I think mitzy was just being stubborn and getting revenge on me going out to my mums today so she refused to eat.
    Well she has just eaten her food aswell as ham so now she is sat looking at me with what looks like a grin on her face lol

Still going to take her to the vets again tomorrow just to make sure i think she knows she is due for her worming treatment so she not wanting her food.

But she out of luck as i have the liguid for so i can worm the puppies at the same time lol

the joy of having pets they love to make you worry lol

mike

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

That little stinker! :D

Jamiya

7. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

:eek: Good to know she is fine. Let us know how the vet goes tomarrow

8. dogangel

dogangel New Member

Oh, no, not Mitzy!!! Please take her to the vet and make sure she is fine. I'm glad she looks like she's fine, and I hope she really is. With these little stinkers you never know. One of my shepherds refused to eat all day one day because he thought I was giving too much attention to another one. As soon as I came back from work and mothered and spoiled him more than the others, he regained his appetite in a matter of minutes!!!

9. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

10. honeybears

honeybears New Member

what sweeties. I see you have a black pup, was the dad black is that normal? just curious glad to hear Mitzi is doing well

honeybear

11. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Glad to hear she is eating now. Thanks for the new pics they are too cute! Have you decided which one you are keeping yet?

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Why can't I find the new pics? I see the ones I saw before - last updated March 27.

Jamiya

13. Jody

Jody New Member

Oh my god, they are HUGE!!! Yet they are soooooooooo cute. I want one.....LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jody

14. nern

nern New Member

Your pups are adorable! :)

15. Hi Mike, I'm so happy to hear that Mitzy is o.k.! :D You scared the bajeebies out of me :shock:

And our little girl peeing on you! That's too funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm sure YOU didn't think so though :|

Two of my daughters and four of my Grandchildren are here, so I gotta go! But I just had to check in....

Susan

16. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

vet has given mitzy all clear again she has put it down to baby blues abit like what women get she says aslong as she is still producing milk and will still feed and clean the litter then all will be fine i just have to give her lots and lots of hugs.

Hi honeybears the father is the same colour as mitzy and i have had breeders tell me i am very lucky since i have 4sable coloured pups which is very rare to get any in a litter whichi am proud of.
    The black and tan one looks like his mum and he is a proper little mummys boy he has to sleep next to her head or her gets very upset lol

mike

17. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

NOW I see the new pics! Such cute, roly-poly little guys!!

Jamiya

18. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

Oh they are tooooo adorable!! I love the pics of them sleeping with their chubby little bodies just laying there- that one pup must like the cold floor- I noticed he/she is half on the floor instead of the blanket-- too cute!

19. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ya know, Char did the same darn thing to ME!! I left one day and my mother in law babysitted with the pups. I had to come home the next day, because my MIL called saying she wouldn't eat, drink, or anything. Oh I got soooo worried, spent $200 on a vet bill for him to tell me she was fine. I think she was just wanting me home to pamper her every moment, and by scaring me I'd come home earlier! Well it worked!!!

20. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Well it just goes to show that dogs seem to know how to get our attention lol.

2 of the pups prefer to sleep on the floor after they have eaten as its cool none of them will stay close to mum as she gives off to much heat and i guess they dont like it well apart from the little black one he likes to be close to his mummy he cries loads when she not there lol

mike