1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My 3 Month Old Pitt WILL NOT BARK!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Poohbear_77, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Poohbear_77

Poohbear_77 New Member

I've had my Pitt for about 3 weeks now and he will not bark for anything. I can fight with him hold his mouth, bark at him...nothing works he will not bark, other dogs bark at him and he will not bark back. Is there something wrong with him causing him not to bark?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, you really should have his hearing checked I have a APBT who is deaf and I have only heard her bark on few occasions.
    Does your puppy seem to respond to the noises around him?
    If he is healthy and all is well I would consider yourself lucky he's not a barker. I have 2 barkers and trust me it's not cute after a while.
    Especially considering I have 3 kids, 4 dogs, 2 cats a husband and his annoying beagles oh and can't forget the crazy gerbils who insist on running their wheel all day long (Im quite sure they do it to bug me.)
    Anyhow Good Luck to you.

3. winnie

winnie New Member

Do you really want a dog who barks? I use to try and get my dog to bark but then I was glad she never did. I go to the park all the time and there are some dogs that just bark and bark, and it gets so annoying...I also live in an apartment and there is this dog above me who never stops barking...i cant do anything on my balcony with out him barking like crazy....it might be a good thing he/she doesnt bark....my dog will only bark to protect me when we are in the apartment and there is a strange noise or a stranger knocks on the door or comes in(that happened once!!! but winnie protected me:) ) goodluck :)

4. chickee

chickee New Member

Pit bulls usually don't bark unless they have reason to. At least mine don't. Actually, the only time mine do bark is if someone is in the yard or knocking on the door. As a 3 mns old puppy, AND IT IS A PUPPY, this is totally not unusual!

** Edited by Admin

5. Poohbear_77

Poohbear_77 New Member

Thank You all for replying....I was just worrying about him because other dogs would bark at him and he wouldn't bark back. I think its nice that he isn't barking but I would like to be reassured that if it came a time that he needed to bark that he would. I guess we will have to see as he gets older.