1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My bird has turn aggressive - why?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Hi
    It's been a while since i last chatted, but things were going so well with Fagan, until 3 days ago, he has turn down right ugly, if he gets on me and he gets a chance he goes for me and really sinks that beak into me.

I've not had anybody or thing near him to have upset him to this extent. The only thing i can think of is that he's broody (if a male bird could be like that) he plays at the moment with his toys but is permanently regurgatating a white substance and then swallows it. I can only guess this is some kind of mating ritual?

He generally is a sweet and gentle natured bird, but this ugly side of him, really worries me, when he is being his normal sweet self he climbs all over me kisses me etc, then for no reason he bites. Pls help

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Sounds to me like he looks at his toys as his mate and your a threat.
    if he has mirrors in his cage i would remove them as i think mirrors play a big part in single bird agression.

My advcie is when he bits give a firm no and place him back in his cage, If he persists in doing this then i would not allow him to climb on me.
    Never let a bird sit on you if they are higher than eye level as if they are above eye level they become dominate over you.

Mike