1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Budgerigar Flew Away

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Hai, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hai

Hai New Member

My male budgerigar flew away unintentionally (I didn't think he wanted to escape) last Saturday when I was cleaning the cage. I could see him flying in a confused way. I still have a female in the cage and she chirps loudly a lot these few days. She and I miss the male. I should have clipped off some of his aviation feather...
    1) Is there any chance he will fly back here?
    2) I know budgerigars are hardy but will he survive outside?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I very much doubt that he will return home, As most never do, But he may suprise you but i always tell everyone not to get too hopefull.

Because he is bright colours compared to the blackbird or crow those birds could attack him, Its unlikely but they may., Also since he is not a wild bird he may not know how to eat out in the wild and this could be disasterous.

Have you tried putting posters around asking if anyone has seen him hopefully he has flew into someones yard and they have taken him in.

Mike

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

A few years ago one of my parrots escaped and was gone for 3 days. We knew she was still in the area, we could hear her. So we set up two cages outside, one with her mate, Whirrly, and an empty cage with food in it. Of course, we were outside, watching to be sure nothing happened to Whirrly. At night we took Whirrly inside, but left the empty cage sitting outside with the door open.

The second night she was gone we had a terrible thunderstorm. And the next morning, there she was, in the cage. I guess she decided being on her own wasn't as much fun as she thought it would be.

4. Angel

Angel New Member

sorry to say but I dont think that he will come back home.
    A few years ago my budgie flew away and we were all very worried because we loved her so much. She never came back after that day. :cry: It was a very sad day. :( for your sake I do hope he comes back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.