1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My budgie passed away :(

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by zarate, Sep 12, 2006.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

My much loved budgie, Trouble passed away today. He had absolutely no signs of illness what so ever. He was jumping around his cage as he does every night before bedtime, and he appeared normal. This morning when I got up and walked by the cage I noticed him at the bottom of his cage on his back, right below his swing (where he sleeps every night)
    He lived with a cockatiel, and the 2 were great friends and not once had a quarrel. But one thing I noticed when I removed him, is he had a feather clenched in his foot, which belonged to the cockatiel. I didn't see any wounds on him....what could be the cause of death? I've only seen him eat seed, even tho he would watch the cockatiel chow down on veggies...he just didn't seem interested. They have a mineral block and cuttlebone in there as well. I would have had him either 3 or 4 years in November. Any advice would be comforting. thanks.

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Mmmmm Thats a tough one, first of all, sorry that you lost him. Losing a pet is always hard..
    Maybe something frightened them both in the night????
    And he had a mild heart attack?? Sometimes things like this happen.
    Take him to the vets and get tests done, if it was physical, they will be able to tell you more..

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

I agree with Chezza that something may have scared them during the night and had a mild heart attack.

Birds are great at hiding there illnesses until the very end as out in the wild weak or ill birds were left behind by the flock and would become easy pray for predators.

Again i am so sorry

Mike

4. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I am so sorry !!!! I think that either something scared it like the other two said or they had a fight during the night while you where sleeping. Goog luck moving on without him/ her. :m13: I will definatley pray for you and your budgie [-o<