1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my cockatiels breeding again

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by charmedagain, Jun 18, 2008.

1. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi everyone just thought i would share, My cockatiels have started breeding again so i gave them there next box and today Meeko laid her first egg.

I am planning on either buying or building an indoor aviary for the birds, I am also planning on getting another lovebird aswell as some budgies and finches again...

I will post pictures of the chicks as they hatch and grow....

Here is a couple of pictures i have
    meeko popping out the nest
    [​IMG]

First egg
    [​IMG]

Meeko in her nest
    [​IMG]

Max guarding the entrance to the nest
    [​IMG]

Max
    [​IMG]

Meeko
    [​IMG]

Tweety she was a lutino peach faced lovebird but for some funny reason because she likes red chillies she started turning red haha

[​IMG]

Mike

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Well we now have 3 eggs in the nest.
    I bought them a large indoor flight cage here is a pic, before i set it up, they love it...

[​IMG]

Mike

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Congratulations Mike I look forward to seeing more pictures and the chicks..... Great aviary!!

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Just a quick updatem Well the eggs are not fertile she has 5 in total and the first 2 are definatley not fertile they just full of air bubbles so they have been taken out as bacteria will start to form in them and reaplced with dummy eggs...

Hopefully the other 3 will be show signs of being fertile if not i will have to replace them aswell and leave her till she abandons the fake eggs.

Mike

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Sorry to hear that!! For you and for your bird.... I hope that the other 3 are good, that would be hard to just sit and wait and watch her nest on them if they are not real until she leaves them. :cry:

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi just an update, i am pleased to say that eggs 6 and 7 are fertile and have started to form, Which i am pleased about, Even if only these two hatch atleast they wont have been sitting on there eggs for nothing...

They should had around the 18th july give or take a day or two..

Mike