1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my flowerhorns

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by grnlemonade, Aug 26, 2004.

?

do you like flowerhorns?

1. Yes, i love them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. eh, they are alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. no, i dont like them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. whats a flowerhorn?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

here are a few pics of my flowerhorn.....leave comments on them. and i havnt had them for a full week yet so their colors arnt all out and they are in the process of using melafix...o yea, the first 3 are all different fish...one more thing, all the pictures are with flash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

2 words.... HUGE PHOTOS!! :shock:

Other than that great looking FH. What ones do you plan on keeping so far??

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, huge photos...sorry everyone....well, im still not sure...i want to see their personalities somemore b4 i sell off some...but so far, i like....2 of them are already jumping out of the tank at me and tryin to bite me :eek:

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Cool :y_the_best: Resize the pics tho

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

They look great. Yes, I was the one that didn't know what a flowerhorn was? Lol.

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

arite man... a flowerhorn is a cross between at least 4 different central or south american cichlids. they all look different and are usually some of the most aggresive fish in freshwater...some fish that are used in FH's are Trimacs, and red-devils...that just goes to show how tough they are. they are usually kept solo unless you are lucky and have a breeding pair. mine recognize me and when i pickup the food they swim to the top and let me feed them....when i dont ahve the food, they can either be timid nd let me "pet" them or on some of their bad days try to fight with me or nets...lsatnight, 2 of them tried 2 jump out of the tank and bite me....

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Wow! So they are as tame as koi.

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

all depends on their current mood... but i do know they will not tolerate tankmates unless they are breeding...ksit lastnight one of them juimped a divider and they were fghting when i caught them together. man, i have been in fish for 11 years now and i dont think i will ever go back to anther kind of fish again...i think im in love :oops: lmao

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

How big are all of them?

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

mine are about 3" without the tail.

11. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

very cool fish

12. Nameless

Nameless New Member

They look bigger in the pic. They looked at least 5'' or 6''.

13. M_wm

M_wm New Member

They Seem very cool wats minimum tank size?

14. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

well, one adult needs at least 55 gallons.

15. M_wm

M_wm New Member

HMMMM lol

16. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Personally I think they're very pretty, but like grnlemonade said, they tend to be extremely aggressive and should be kept alone. In fact, I was talking with some other people about my dream tank which would be about 1000 gallons with SA cichlids and was told that a flowerhorn's aggression would probably be a problem even in a tank that large.

-Chelle

17. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmmm, a 1000 gallon? i think that if you would want some flowerhorn, to grow out a few in some other tanks and keep the few that have the personality that best suits what you want then sell off the others.

18. fishdude

fishdude New Member

neat fish! would they live with oscars?

19. M_wm

M_wm New Member

U mean will the oscar LIVE with them :cry: Not likly from wat ive heard :)

20. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, frist of all you would need a nice size tank....and hte only way they oculd live "together" is if you have a divider in the tank. if not, there is a pretty slim chance the oscar would live long.