1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Pet Pit Bull is getting MARRIED YIKES!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by MyPetTherapyDog, May 12, 2005.

1. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/e ... =119730991

:lol:
    I know, I have really lost it now!
    But, what the heck, I thought this was a great idea for a fund raiser as well as a great way to promote pit bulls in a positive way.
    So, after watching Animal Planet, and seeing a doggie wedding fund raiser, I decided that my dog Ginger should say her doggie vows!
    :shock:
    She is marrying Harry the German Shepherd that I fostered last year until he found a perfect home of his own. :shock: Of course, the wedding night will NOT BE consummated :shock:

Since I am a computer dummy and don't know how to post pics on this board, go to dogster www.dogster.com/?93112 and read Ginger's diary and look at her pics, the doggie invite is the bottom. Try checking out pics of Harry on my webshot link (above) He was hairless. He looks great now! He is a georgous long haired shepherd. He was on his way to doggie heaven and was going to be euthanized due to the poor condition he was in. Anyway, he was very very lucky indeed. He now lives like a king!!!

Wish us all LUCK! Most of the money for this fundraiser will go towards the huge bill encounter with Faith the abused pit bull. (you can check her out on dogster too)

Sincerely,
    Susan the mother of the bride LOL

2. someday

someday New Member

Good Luck with the wedding! I think it's a wonderful idea! The webshots site won't let me in, since I'm not the owner of the album..I think you need to set it for the public or something. But the invitation on dogster is great!

3. MyPetTherapyDog

Today is the big day 5/29/05

Well today is the day. I am getting very nervous.
    Please wish us all luck.
    Everyone that knows me knows that I am doing this to make a positive statement for pit bulls.
    Again, Please say many prayers and send us positive vibes!
    Sue & GInger the engaged pit bull

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Good luck. :y_the_best: :D

5. MyPetTherapyDog

Pit Bull wedding was a success

:mrgreen: :eek: :y_the_best:

Well, We were blessed to have nice weather for the wedding. There were around 90 guests at the Country Club.
    The ceremony went off great without a hitch. Ginger my dog (the bride) said "I Do" on request right at the perfect time. She looked sooooo darn cute!!!
    We had a minister who did a fantastic job and a full wedding party that looked AWSOME!

Raffle prizes were donated and even a beautiful wedding cake!! There were flower decorations that were donated that had dog treats attached with metal wire (very good idea)

The wedding party itself included: A Chihuahua, a great Dane, a golden retriever/lab mix, the bride a pit bull X and the groom a German shepherd. We were going to take two teacup poodles but at the last minute decided against it because they are really not socialized with people or other dogs. When the wedding party showed up at the poodle’s house with the other dogs (I am pet sitting them for the week) they were not behaving well and we thought it was best to leave them behind. Too bad because they really are very cute. But better safe than sorry considering they are not my dogs. (I did have permission from their owner to have them in the wedding)
    The full wedding party included: Myself, my husband, the mother of the groom, the maid of honor, the best man, a ring bearer, 4 brides maids, an usher, and two junior brides maids.
    We even had two animal control officers from different towns/cities in the wedding party to show their support! (One was the maid of honor and the other was a bride’s maid).

We did have a little problem, but was solved quickly, Harry the German shepherd (the groom) did not seem to like my daughter's dog "Bailey" who is a male 7-month-old golden retriever/lab mix. Harry got a little fresh with Baily and snipped at him, Bailey yelped LOUD I think more in shock than anything else. Figures when this happened, the media was there Channel 6 news and a local newspaper LOL Hey, at least it wasn't the pit bull that bit the other dog LOL
    The dogs ended up being fine. I just think there was a lot of tension and the dogs as well as the people's (Especially me) were anxious. The dogs all acted sooo well. Considering the amount of people and other dogs together in one room it was remarkable.

Everything went well with the exception of the DJ who absolutely sucked!!!
    He screwed up all the songs, he introduced people wrong, and he introduced myself and my husband walking but took about a 30 second delay to introduce the main event "The bride"? He also screwed up announcing the groom!!!!!
    He was more interested in promoting his DJ service and his pictures or whatever else he did than getting the wedding party and the wedding service itself correct.
    He played only his own selection of dance music (Mainly disco), which would have been all right, but most people were not dancing. He should have mixed it up some. He also kept on repeating on his microphone that the dogs "Were home doing it doggie style” Which many of us regarded as rude and obnoxious behavior from someone considered a professional.

But, all in all, I believe that I accomplished my mission: To promote pit bulls in a positive image!
    As soon as I get pics from the photographer I hired, I shall post them to share!

Sue

6. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Sounds like a great day. Bad Harry...getting fresh with another dog on his wedding day :lol:

Im glad everything went well, wish I could have seen it....did you get it on video?

7. MyPetTherapyDog

Hi:
    The moron of a DJ was going to give each guest a "Story Book wedding" CD. I won't hold my breath. Even if he does give it to us, I am sure if the quality was anything like his DJ service, I won't be thrilled with it.
    I did hire my own photographer and hopefully, she got great pics I can share with people.
    Sue

8. honeybears

honeybears New Member

sounds like a great time and what a turn out, cant wait ot see the pics

honeybear

9. MyPetTherapyDog

Newspaper pic of the wedding (Blurry)

Here is a link to Ginger's dogster page. I took a pic of the pic that was in our local paper this morning. Once I get more pics, I shall share!
    Sue and Ginger
    www.dogster.com/?93112.

10. MyPetTherapyDog

11. honeybears

honeybears New Member

thats great news that you mad ethe paper! looks liek they did a nice spread

12. MyPetTherapyDog

Nice spread ~~~~~ Yea under POLICE BLOTTERS LOL
    Actually it was very small with just those two pics!

13. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:( I clicked on your link and got this????

Whoa! where'd that dog go??????

There's supposed to be a dog here, but it's no where to be found. This occurs when someone removes a dog after you started your dog stroll. Though on very rare occasions extremely shy dog have been known to crawl right under the server and refuse to come out. If only we had a treat! Here doggie doggie doggie! Who wants a treat?

Ill try again later.....it was funny though the way its worded :lol:

14. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:D Okay...I got the second link....soooo cute.

15. rottweiler_inc

rottweiler_inc New Member

Wow, awesome idea!heeehee doggy weddings are cute i have seen a few on animal planet!

16. MyPetTherapyDog

17. MyPetTherapyDog