1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP FINDING A PUP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by nedapup, Feb 12, 2008.

1. nedapup

nedapup New Member

Hello my name is Jordan and I live in NY. I am looking for a small puppy (poo breed or anything tcup) for my wife. Her birthday is in March so I have plenty of time. I would like to know if anyone know of any good sites to order from. Thanks in advance.

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Order a puppy? Whatever happened to making a puppy part of the family.

How about looking for rescues and breeders in your area? Chances are that sites or breeders (and I use that term loosely) that have a "mass supply" of puppies are more than likely getting their puppies from puppy mills or backyard breeders who have no concern for the dogs they breed from and the puppies they produce other than being able to turn quick buck.

As far as looking for a "teacup" puppy, are you aware you'll basically be paying a grossly inflated price for a severely undersized dog that is likely to come with a whack of health problems?

Not all small breeds are created equal nor is every small breed suited for every lifestyle, the same is true for poo mixes. From your post it seems that you aren't even considering a specific breed (or even a few breeds) but just any small dog in general will do.

I would suggest that you carefully consider and research all breeds that you may be interested in before making a hasty decision. Talk to breeders/rescues, from my experience a good breeder is more than willing to share information on their chosen breed and will even steer you towards another breed if theirs isn't right for you.

This is a dog that should be part of your family for possibly 10-15 years. Your decision shouldn't be based solely on size but temperament, health, activity level etc. and definately don't "order" your puppy off of the internet because you have no way of seeing what conditions the puppies and their parents are raised in or the health of the puppy or their parents. I've heard way too many horror stories of puppies being bought off the internet and then arriving severely sick or internet bought puppies that grow up to develop genetic health problems that could have been avoided by just doing the proper health tests of the parents prior to breeding.

3. nedapup

nedapup New Member

Wow thanks alot. I never looked at it like that. I do want to adopt this puppy into my family. Sorry but I really didnt know what to look for, all I knew is that she would like to have a small puppy. Thanks

4. M.J.

M.J. New Member

You could always try and adopt a pup from a Breeder's Rescue Group? They always have animals that need love and care.

Try PetFinder! :D

5. Chezza

Chezza New Member

I would defiantly adopt or rescue..There is nothing better than the feeling of giving a pup a good home when in need..Nothing better :y_the_best:

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Nedapup, did you ever get a new pup? if so what did you get? I agree with everyone getting a pup from a shelter or rescue is the way to go. There are so many good pups and older dogs out there needing good homes. Good luck and hope to hear the update.