1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

need help having cockatiel problems!!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by jaengabby, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaengabby

jaengabby New Member

Hi! i think im in big trouble!!!! I have two cockatiels that have been together for about a year and recently added a third.. one of the originals is attacking the new girl.. im not sure why or what to do... any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. Angel

Angel New Member

Hi.... I would suggest to to put the new bird in a different cage next to the cage that the other birds are in. That way they can get used to the idea of her being around. Once they are you could then maybe put them all in the same cage.
    Hope this helps. :y_the_best: :D

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi are all the birds female?
    How long have you had the new bird?
    If less 30days she should be in her own cage away from the other two anyway as any infections or viruses will surface during this time and could infect your other birds.

If the original two birds are male and female then chances are its the female attacking your new bird as she has invaded her territory.

You have two options-:
    You can leave her where she is aslong as no blood has been drawn from them fighting, As fighting amongst birds is there way of putting younger or newer birds in there place in the line, Or
    You can remove the new bird and put her in a cage of her own place the cage next to theres.

Female birds once they have paired up to a male or have bonded with another female do not like there space invaded by another bird and will attack any invaders.

Give it a few days of being seperated and all the birds out together if any fighting starts put them away again wait a few days and try again.

I have bred Cockatiels, Budgies and finches for years and i have had similar problems its just finding what works best.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.