1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New Amazon old African Ringneck....

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Sara, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Hi folks...I haven't really posted here before...perhaps once or twice maybe...

I recently got a yellow crowned amazon 35-40yrs was used as a breeding bird and rescued...he's quite a sweet fellow. He seems to really want to visit my African Ringneck (male) parakeet though and I'd toyed with the thought of an introduction of sorts...except my parakeet seems less inclined to socialize... Right now the ringneck stays in his cage during the day (avery) but the amazon(Buddy) has a jungle gym and whatnot to play on...the two are not THAT different in size but different enough to cause concern where a meeting would be involved. From my understanding though the Amazon is VERY sweet and cuddly with other birds...not aggressive etc... So I want some thoughts from the rest of the folks who visit around here...hopefully some of you will have some experience with both or either of these species of birds...

Thanks.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi Sara, As with all birds if introduction is done carefully and both are watched while out of there cages then all should be well.

I have cockatiels and lovebirds and you are not supposed to allow them together as the lovebirds are very aggressive and will bit off other birds toes, But i thought i would try them out and now they all live together, they preen each other sit together with no problems at all.

So its a case of allowing them to interact if they start bickering allow them to aslong as no blood is drawn, if blood is drawn always remove the aggressor.
    You will find after a week or 2 they will be best of friends.

Sorry i could not be of more help
    Mike