1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New Litter....hehe :)

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by catrastrophe, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Hey!
    Our puppies are here! I missed work last night to stay with her, and thank goodness I did! Every pup was born breech! I am trying to find a way to put up pictures...does anyone know of a good album site I can post them at?

**I posted this in the wrong forum the first time! Ahhh!

2. Shady_Babygurl

Shady_Babygurl New Member

Can I ask why you have pups when you have a quote such as this

Dogster.com is a great place to post pets pics. Im not quite sure of your story and what not that causes you to have a litter of pups, so Im sorry if this is a unplanned litter that you were not responsible for producing but I am 100% against breeding dogs unless you are a professional, reputable breeder that titles/shows their dogs and is in it for the betterment of the breed. I am for the spay/neutering of all NON breeding animals. I wish you luck with the pups though. Glad to hear they are alright.

Kim

3. Good Afternoon! and Congradulations on your new puppies! what breed are they? will love to see the pics when you can get them up :D Do you already have homes picked out for them? it is so hard letting them go :( And boy! are they alott of work :?

My Mini Dachshund got pregnant from a neighbors dog who snuck into my back yard. He was a pomeranian (purebred) It was such a difficult time for me, but thanks to the kindness and non judgemental people here, I got through it all! :D (thier where some who read me the riot act! but thankfully thier were more that showed compassion) They were the cutest puppies! and all went to good loving homes...I hope you have the same luck as I did....

Tell us about them!

Susan
    Susan

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Yes, that was perfect that you were able to be there for the mom and babies. Don't want to think about what could have happened. Like sahdy said, Dogster is easy to use to share pictures.
    Susan: Do you have any pictures of what a dachsie-pom looks like. I have seen a dachsie-poo before. and a pom bichon. Must have been an interesting look to say the least.

5. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

hmm, i found something about a poodle/bichon mix hilarious

http://breeders.dogbreedinfo.com/index.php?a_id=20040324155827

I honestly dont see how these people sell their mixed breeds for 600 to 900 dollars! I'd pay 900 dollars, oh lets say for a show quality puppy with champion parents, grandparents, etc.
    And its pretty obvious these people are in it for the money, I mean come on they have like 6 or 7 litters available for around the same time and are expecting quite a few more litters!

Ok, thats off the subject

Congratulations on your new puppies! To think if you wouldnt of been with her something could have gone seriously wrong.

How many puppies does she have? what breed? did u plan this breeding? hope everything goes great with these pups!

6. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Sadly this was a mistake breeding. She was suppose to be bred to a Champion, with his genetic tests done and all, and instead she got into the pen with an untitled male of questionable quality. Needless to say, we will not be using stud service there again! As for asking about rescuing, we rescue more dogs than we breed. That is what the quote means! If you wont rescue, dont breed. I know too many breeders who wouldnt take in a starving puppy, or a mutt that needed a home. Why should they be bringing more pups into the world if they wont help the ones already there too? I will post them on dogster with our others. Never thought of that! I will put the link up when I get the pics up! :D

7. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

8. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

you should ask the owners of the psuedo stud for compensation.

9. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

We are getting artificial insemination from him next year for free. They wanted pick of litter, and we made them take pick of this litter, since it was their fault!

10. Hi Puttin! You've never seen my babies huh? I'm surprized! You've been around awhile...I'll have to find what I did with the disc and repost them. I used to have them on picturetrail, but they want to charge for that now and I'm not willing to pay for it...

Susan

11. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

I would like to see the pictures too! I have never seen that mix before!!! :D

12. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi nice piccys wish mine where still that small.
    I dont mean to sound rude or anything but the second pic of the puppy it looks like you have your hand round its neck instead of holding it in your hands.

But again very cute

mike

13. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

HEHE....I did have my hand around its neck, trying to get a good picture of his face! He was sitting up in my hubbies lap though, so he wasnt unsupported. That picture looks awful now that I think about that!!! Ahhhhh! :shock:

14. Shady_Babygurl

I wasnt giving any riot act just concerned for the future of all dogs. There are too many people breeding in the world today regardless of if anyone admits it or not.Soke people KNOW they shouldnt be breeding and some consider themselfs HELPING the breed. How can most help the breed without spaying/neutering pet quality pups and what not. Just because you find good homes for unplanned pups etc does not make you a reputable breeder. Alot is considered and goes into being a reputable justified breeder. Anyone can mate 2 dogs together registered or not, doesnt qualify them tob e bred. I would have aborted the litter early on when I found out the father was not the Champion that was susposed to Sire the litter. These people who own the Sire are not very responsible people. Brining a litter into this world is the responsiblity of the owners. Dogs cannot chose nore chose not to breed. People producing these mixes on purpose and asking almost a grand for them, well we dont have to be a brain surgeon to realize $WHY$ they are in it for. At least make sure these pups are spayed and neutered so their new owners dont make the mistake of breedering or accidentally breeding these questionable quality pups. Congrads on getting to be a mommy in the mean time. I think that is the part that makes people forget about the reality of it all for just a few weeks. Raising a litter of pups is hard, trying but most of all awesome. I hope they all do well and go to great pet homes. When and how did you find out she was mated by the untitled male? Just curious....Kim

15. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

We didnt want to get her aborted. We took her to them two days before she was ready, so she could get used to the stud and used to her surroundings. But on the morning she was ready, we got a call from the stud owner, she was freaked out, saying that our dog was penned in a seperate kennel the previous night, but when they woke up, she had already gotten out and was tied with this other male. We went and picked her up that night. We were hoping she wouldnt take, since the male wasnt proven, but I think we were lucky she just had three. I dont know if it was really an accident, but she will be bringing the good male to OUR vet to AI him to our female next time. She has chosen to pick a pup from this litter, which we already have a deposit on, and take that as her stud fee. Our vet doesnt like chemical abortions, as he says it can cause hormonal imbalances and personality changes. He suggested allowing the litter to be born, since they would still be purebred, but selling them on strict spay/neuter contracts. We are taking that one step further and including an early spay/neuter in our price. That way these three pups will never be bred. But I am still proud of our female, she is being a great mother!

16. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Hey
    Just wanted to mention, that the pups we had ARE NOT available! We are not posting to advertise them, as we already have deposits on the whole litter. :)

17. lanena322

lanena322 New Member

I dont get why people suggest abortions for animals, yet are 100% on people having abortions. just my opinion, i believe its the same aborting a litter of pups and aborting a child. none have the fault, and yet are still paying the price for someone else's mistake.

catastrophe: congrats on your decision to spay/neuter these pups, great choice!

18. Shady_Babygurl

I am against abortions of people who get out there and dont worry about getting pregnant but when it happens they take the easy way out. If someone is RAPED and ends up pregnant then I think it is totally fine if the woman wants an abortion because she did not ASK to get pregnant or even have sex. The same for dogs. When somone breeds dogs, they are making these decisions for the dogs. You think its GOOD for a dog to have a litter? Not even going to get into the increased risk of EVERYTHING in a dog that has been bred compared to a spayed female. Sometimes a dog gets pregnant and when too much time has passed then yes they are formed pups and it would be killing puppies in my views but you knew she bred the day of breeding. A shot to abort the pups wouldnt be killing ANYTHING. At that stage pups arent formed and sometimes the female hasnt even TOOK yet and the shot KEEPS the dog from getting pregnant. Most respectable breeders, if for some odd reason a dog is mated to a dog that was not chosen they will stop the pregnancy IMMEDIATLY before the dog has a chance to be ruined. A show dogs career can be RUINED by having a non planned litter etc. It is just not responsible to let a dog have a litter of pups that could have been prevented. I have never heard of these side effects on the shot to keep a dog from taking. I am not some person for killing of innocent pups etc but to bring in a litter of pups that may end up being bred, abused etc from not being able to GUARANTEE a perfect home then that is abuse and neglect to me. The dog could have been kept from taking so to speak. Even though the pups are full blooded, that doesnt mean anything. Yes easy to sell etc but do you know how many FULL BLOODED dogs are taken to the shelter each week? The numbers are rising and more and more FULL BLOODED and registered dogs are ending up in shelters too. Abuse/neglect/homelessness does not discriminate. I suggest you having these pups altered BEFORE they leave your house. That is the ONLY way to guarantee they will be spayed/neutered. That is what I do to animals I rescue. They get altered before they are adopted out.

Kim

19. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Well, that is your opinion!

20. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

You didnt read all of my text. WE ARE INCLUDING EARLY SPAY NEUTER IN THE PUPPIES PRICE! That means they will be spayed and neutered BEFORE they leave. WHY REPEAT SOMETHING TO ME THAT I ALREADY SAID I WAS GOING TO DO? I DO NOT believe in abortion! And No not all respectable breeders would have gotten her the shot, because there is a good chance the female will never be able to have pups again with the shot! Thank you for your opinion though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.