1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New tiels-pics!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by scootergirl, Apr 29, 2004.

1. scootergirl

scootergirl New Member

Our family just added two beautiful, 1yr old male (brothers) cockatiels last Saturday. The fella that we got them from said he had to find them a good home because he wasn't able to spend enough time for all his birds. He told us they are well trained and very personable-and wow was he right! They were nervous, and to be expected, coming to a new home, but after they settled down a bit, we haven't had one problem w/them at all. In fact, our four year old was able to hold them and feed them crackers. They know the command "up up" and "night night" (so cute, they go back into their cage). The immediately ate (and to my surpise jumped right into eating fresh veggies I put in their cage along w/their seed) and drank and began singing w/in hours of being here.

I feel SO fortunate to have two such loving and trained birds. Best part was, I only paid $30 for BOTH! I am still in shock. I have a new cage coming from Ebay (20x20x28 w/stand and open top w/playtop) that I am anxious to get them in.

Here are the pics of Chico and Gunnar (kids named them)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Aww how cute! They look just like one of the tiels I used to have when I was younger!

3. ilovebirds

ilovebirds New Member

Handsom little men they are!

Cute kids too! :wink:

4. kathy5

kathy5 New Member

very cute you have your hands full with your family & your fids

5. scootergirl

scootergirl New Member

Yes, Kathy, my days are pretty busy filled w/kids and birds! Thank God I am a full time SAHM! I am also a licensed daycare mom, and the kids just love the birds! In fact, the other morning we spent the morning making bird toys for them. Quite the designs some of these kids made! LOL