1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New to Auspet, An AST fan

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by MaxKellyAST, Sep 25, 2004.

1. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Hello all. I have been lurking for awhile and enjoyed what ive read on the new forum as well as the archives. I have AKC American Staffordshire Terriers but I think the breed is relavant in this forum. I really enjoy all of the different types of bull and terrier breeds from the english staffy bull to the "white cavalier" and also the dogs that look very much like the gamedogs of early 20th century america. I like the Idea in theory of the APBT as a fighting dog where is concerns breeding and culling ethics, conditioning ect.. however I havent the taste for blood or putting a member of my family through that kind of stress but this type of carefull and selective breeding on a timeline has truly made a better dog,. Thats why I say "in theory". Dont flame me for being a "dog fighting" enthusiast, I guess im mearly a "fighting dog" enthusiast if that makes any sense.... :D I would like to post pictures of my dogs, however I dont think Im going to pay $10 a photo to do that. If anyone knows of a better way, let me know.

2. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Picture post Test

[​IMG]http://maxkellyamstaffs.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=014_14

[​IMG]

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Hello and welcome! I'd love to see pics of your dog. You don't have to pay, you can get a free account at photobucket.com or photoisland.com

Game dogs are the foundation of the APBT and dogmen breeding dogs into a consistent breed with traits is what has made the APBT what it is today.

[​IMG]

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Welcome, and: Wow - Cricket is an impressive dog. Junior looks as though he is going to be a great looking dog too. I completely understand what you mean about dog fighting in theory. I would not fight my dogs for anything in the world, but at the same time, I feel that the rigors of battle, combined with strict culling and selective breeding is what makes our breed so great. If more people today would breed with purpose, and only the best to the best (especially the best temperaments), the APBT would not be in the predicament it is in. Anyway - again, great looking dogs. Is it just Cricket and Junior, or do you have more? Love to see more pics.

5. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Cricket:

[​IMG]

6. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

[​IMG]

In order to post a pic, once you are on the page with the pic right click on the pic and chose properties, then copy that URL and paste it between the tags.

7. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Well, I have EIGHT of Juniors littermates! They are all 7 weeks old. They wont be going to any new homes for a little while yet. I think that 9 weeks is better for them as the mother teaches them things that are fundamental to pack animals, Bite control, submission to dominate figures,
    and even the building blocks for how to raise there puppies when the time comes. I find that dogs let go too early will tend to be very oral and can ofter suffer from separation anxiety. I live around Oklahoma City, so if anyone is close you are welcome to visit.

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Couldnt agree with you more there. Many people wonder why their dogs are so mouthy, why they jump on them or why they seem to always nip and usually I find out they tell me they got the dog at like 5 weeks old. I'm starting to really notice that a lot. More dogs get let go too young then you think until you start asking around.

9. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Thanks for the info, Let me give it a try....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Hmmm, all I see is the little banner for the picture hosting websit.
    Well any way anyone can go here and look:

http://maxkellyamstaffs.myphotoalbum.com

Thanks for your kindness and comments on my amstaffs.
    Where can I see your dogs??

11. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

The pics were working, and what's funny, is that I can see them in the 'topic review' as I type this response. I really like the little brindle pup. Anyway - try uploading your photos to photobucket.com and then posting them. You can see my dogs by clicking on the www button at the bottom of my posts. Same thing for true-pits, if that's who you were asking - just click on the www at the bottom of their posts.

12. GinaH

GinaH New Member

13. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Yup you can click on m www tab. You can also see some in previous pics post. I got some new ones of my new pup, I just haven't uploaded them yet. She's grown so much already.

14. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

Thanks GinaH, They are just flashy dogs bred for show. If anyone really knew them they would know better than to ever be afraid. Even around other dogs. Game is almost bred out of them. (almost and likely never will be completely. Bitches in the Sooner line tend to be a little spicy.) Unlike ADBA shows it generally is snubbed in the AKC to have a dog "sound off" at another. They will still ask you to kindly move away from the Frenchies. :) It is also common to have the amstaffs still to this day show earliest as to get them gone before everyone else arrives. Great sites and Pics by the way true, spencer and gina.

15. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Lol I bet they are different, at ADBA shows dogs fire up all the time. I heard that in UKC (depending on the judge and situation) if dogs fire up and get too rowdy they are excused from the show ring!

Thanks for checking out my dogs. I need to update the site and get Muse on there too.

16. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

I dont know about UKC, I have entertained dual registering my dogs. I have some reservations for some reason. I cant really back those reservations up with anything, Im just hesitant.

17. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Its just what I've been told by people who've shown some UKC. I see a lot of dual registered dogs.

18. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

I see alot of them too. I guess thats the melting pot between AKC and the ADBA. UKC has less restrictions/ diff standards than the AKC. I think they allow white dogs and Dudley noses. Eye color and eye rim color arnt a factor I think...

19. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Isnt a dudley nose a fault in UKC? Even though they allow it.

I haven't seen too many AKC dogs in ADBA. I mostly see them in UKC, and I see a lot of kennels that do UKC/ADBA or AKC/UKC even if they don't show them. I've seen some kennels that have them registered with all 3. But with the AKC you can't register an APBT with them so you can only add the staff blood to the pit blood. I know the UKC has diff standards and less restrictions then the AKC but they are very similar. I do ADBA/AADR because they're very similar.

20. MaxKellyAST

MaxKellyAST New Member

AADR? Im not familiar with that. Is that like the CKC?