1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH!!!

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Laura05, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

:eek: Tomorrow I get my very first horse of my very own!! I have waited for 35 years for this day!! I cant wait to see her in the brand new corral we built and the new pasture!! She will come to her forever home tomorrow!!! Oh my gosh... I can't believe this is happening to me!!! FINALLY!!! :eek:

2. someday

someday New Member

congratulations! You'll have to post a pic and tell us all about her!

3. seaecho

seaecho New Member

Oh boy. . . I can really feel your joy. I, too, waited 35 yrs. for my first horse, so I can really relate. What breed is she? How old? Can you post some pics?

4. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

She is 8 years old and a registered paint. I have forever wanted a paint. She was used for a brood mare for a couple of years and then bought by a person I know who rode her some but didnt really have the time for her. (I can't imagine not having time for a horse... I would MAKE time LOL) Pics are coming soon! I promise!! I finished the roll today and will take to one hour photo tomorrow. :D

5. horse_child

horse_child New Member

YAY! Congrats!

6. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

7. someday

someday New Member

she's beautiful! I love her markings...especially the big spot on top of her head! it looks like she's wearing a hat. :D

8. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

yeah... it does look like she has a hat on. Now if she would have had a shield marking on her chest she would have been a medicine hat paint. I guess we can't have everything! LOL

9. someday

someday New Member

How's it going with Callie? Hope you're getting to enjoy riding her :D

10. Caryn

Caryn New Member

wow, is she ever gorgy!!! love her markings!! and what a beautiful name, Callie Diamonds. you'll have soo much fun with that mare, believe me!!! you're very lucky. :m25:

11. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

Well today I rode Callie again. I started a new job and have been to tired to ride after work or it was dark when I got home. Anywho....

I put on her saddle and bridle.... with little to no problems... got on... I had decided that this time we would go out of the corral.... well we got about 3 feet out of the corral and she was acting like she was stuck to that spot. LOL She would not budge!! So back in the corral we go at my insistance... then back out.... she stopped again and wont move. LOL By this time I am starting to get a little peeved. soooo.... I got off .... led her down the lane to the larger part of the pasture... got on and rode her around out there for a bit.
    Then I rode her back down the lane and back into the corral and then we went back out to see if it would she would stop at her "stopping point" and she did. So now I am getting more peeved. :x So a slap with the reins gave her a start and then she started backing up... and backing up and backing up.... I was thinking ... this is great... I have a horse that only has one gear!!! Reverse!! :shock: LOL well... after a bit of fighting and her rearing up a bit we got past that point and went down the lane!!! YAY Big accomplishment!! :eek: So I rode her out in the bigger part for a while and we went back down the lane... into the corral and out again... we started going up the lane... this time without stopping!!!! We went all the way to the big pasture with no problems at all! By this time the temp was rising fast and I was getting way over heated and I knew she was too. So back to the corral to take everything off and to give her a brushing. I gave her a hug and told her I would see her later today!!