1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ohhh...The poor Christmas tree...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by fridaylove, Nov 25, 2004.

1. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

I am already thinking about it! Hunter is into everything STILL in our house, even after being 16months old (I thought he would calm down some).

I am putting up my Christmas decorations Friday...last year I could put things up high and he couldn't get to most of it. This year, NO such chance!!!!
    I hope he gets bored of the tree!
    My kitty Jezzabelle, used to like to get in the tree and sleep, I would put some ornaments at the bottom of the tree for her to play with and that's what she did. Hunter....well...let's just say he's not ever happy with what he gets.

Anyone else with kitty and Christmas tree nighmare stories?????

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I haven't put the tree up yet so I'm not sure. But I suspect that Booger will be all over it when I do. I can't even fold laundry when she's in the room, I can just imagine how she'll be with sparkly/shiney things! I plan on keeping my water gun on hand all season LOL.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

When Zeus was a young'un I thought he'd be terrible with a Christmas tree. I was surprised when he actually was really good. He likes to sit and watch the blinking lights (I think they hypnotize him...he cocks his head like a dog and studies them - he's a weird cat). It's my Tilly that is bad with the tree - she likes to remove ornaments and run off with them :roll: we don't do fragile ornaments.

And no TINSEL -

4. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Yeah Mary, I was just going to add 'NO TINSIL!" Cats are notorious for eating tinsil.

5. Bente

Bente New Member

I have no idea how Kyrre will react to the tree, but my guess is he'll be ALL OVER it! :?
    Like most of us probably will, I'll just have to avoid the fragile ornaments :mrgreen:

My mothers cat, Fox, one or two years ago LOL :lol:

[​IMG]

She didn't tear down one single tree ornament... :shock:

6. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

What a great picture Kyrre....

:)
    I don't do any breakable ornaments on my tree, last year Hunter had little balls all over the house, amazingly enough I am STILL finding them!!!

7. Rene

Rene New Member

I was thinking the same thing butters and fonzi are approx. 8 mos old this will be their frist christmas i'm sure i'm going to have to re decorate every day lol

8. nern

nern New Member

Awesome picture bente! LOL.

There will be no tree for me this year. :cry:
    Chieve bent most of the branches on mine over the past two years so I'm not going to bother putting it up this year. None of the other cats bother the tree at all....I wish Chieve would just leave the darn thing along.

9. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Amazing picture! LOL Quite a cute furry ornament there.

Last year was Luna's first xmas with us, and we were really worried that she was going to try to climb the tree, and in the process, either knock off ornaments or break our crappy artificial tree. Fortunately, she couldn't have been better with it all. As long as there was a space for her to lay under the tree, she was content. She would occasionally show an interest in standing up on her hind legs and reaching up to investigate an ornament or light, but it never went beyond that. If it had, I was prepared to put a couple of nails in the wall above/next to the tree, and wrap fishing wire around the tree and then around the nails for support. And when we started shoving wrapped gifts under the tree, it became almost impossible for her to try to climb the tree from the inside, but we always left a space for her to lay anyway.

We also didn't hang up any fragile, important ornaments, and I don't think we will this year either, just in case. ;)

10. Starry

Starry New Member

Thanks for starting this topic Fridaylove, you guys are giving me hope that I'll be able to have a Christmas Tree this year! Last year was Pudcat's first Christmas, this year will be Fudgie's. I didn't dare put any decorations up last year for fear I'd come home and find Pudcat choking... or worse!

But I think I will try it this year and see what they make of it.

On a separate note, was it you Lunaguy who mentioned the radio-controlled mouse? 'Cause mine arrived yesterday and when I had finally put it together they loved it. It was so funny watching them watching me. I put the batteries in then swore because it didn't work, got the screwdriver out and practically took it apart before finally getting it to work and all the time they waited patiently, playing with the instructions :roll: :D

I had to use the batteries from my camera in the mouse, so no pictures yet, but I'll post some if I can get some at the weekend!

11. vene

vene New Member

Yeah more pics! Can't wait to put up pics! We have 4 cats and a toddler. It will be very interesting putting up our tree! :mrgreen:

12. i_love_my_ollie

i_love_my_ollie New Member

yeah i think it will b great fun wen i put the tree up ollie is into everything so i no hell have great fun wiv the xmas tree!! bless him yeah keep the posts cuming as ppl put thier trees up

13. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

No, that was someone else, but I did pipe in and say that I was going to buy one next time. Unfortunately, I haven't come across one yet, they must be at one of the pet stores that I haven't been to lately. I also wondered later if it would work on carpeting, as most of the whole apartment is covered with a low pile carpet. Glad to hear that the kitties are enjoying it! Pictures, please. :mrgreen:

14. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Moe is ignoring the Christmas tree this year. She's sleeping under it occasionally, but that's about it. I think because Olive used to commandeer it every year, Moe doesn't realize it's finally hers. Of course, I don't have the decorations up yet, so that may all change.

I can't wait to see what Artemis thinks of it!

15. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

u guys are gonna love my new picture when it's done. i'll be sure to share! *walks away grinning*

16. vene

vene New Member

EF, cut it out. You can't just walk away like that! :x What picture is it? If you can't show it right away, at least you can do is tell everyone what it's going to be! Come on you little stinker child!

17. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

LMAO i'm posting it in a new thread hehehe and u know ya love me vene :kiss_heart: hehe

18. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Welp, I got our tree up today (threw my back out aarrgghh :x ) and Booger only messed with one bell orniment twice. I used the ole squirt bottle. She hasn't messed with it since. But she does like to lay and sleep under it. Lets see what happens when I finish decorating it :)

19. Bente

Bente New Member

Today?? lol's I guess we have different traditions! We don't put our tree up before December 23rd :D

20. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Some people put their tree up for Thanksgiving! I normally don't put it up till about half way through December but I was excited because we bought a new tree this year and I couldn't wait to see it. I know, I'm such a child LOL