1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

OSO'S NOT FEELING WELL

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by oso, Jun 30, 2004.

1. oso

oso New Member

OKAY, HERE THE THING, OSO WHO IS USALLY PRETTY UPBEAT AND GAME FOR GOING OUTSIDE AND PLAYING W/ THE KIDS IS ACTING PRETTY DOWN. HE ONLY ATE ONCE YESTERDAY AND NOT AT ALL TODAY. HE DOSEN'T EVEN WANT TO DRINK WATER, HE'S ONE TO ALWAYS DRINK.I EVEN TRIED HAND FEEDING HIM AND EVEN OFFERED HIM A FREE TREAT. I WAS SEARCHNG THE FORUM AND WAS READING ABOUT BEING DEHYDRATED.I PINCHED THE BACK OF HIS NECK AND IT DOSEN'T SNAP RIGHT BACK. THIS IS ALSO MIGHT HELP, OSO GOT INTO A BASKET OF DIRTY CLOTHES AND ATE 2 PAIRS OF MY DAUGHTERS UNDERWEAR(I KNOW GROSS HUH!)HE THREW UP PEICES OF THEM AND CRAPPED OUT SOME ALSO. HE DOSEN'T WANT TO GO OUTSIDE, HE JUST WANTS TO LAY IN MY BED.ANY SUGGESTIONS!

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

How old is Oso? Pup, right?

GET YE TO A VET!!

The cotton fibers in the underwear could very well have caused an obstruction. You need to take him to a vet and they might want to do x-rays.

Is he throwing up? Pooping?

Jamiya

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Go to the vet right now. You cannot wait. Either it is exactly what Jamiya suggested (obstruction) or, if he has not had all of his shots, it could be the beginning of Parvo. Either way, he could die from both if not treated. keep us updated!

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Sounds to me like a blockage, Get him to a vet ASAP! This could lead to some really bad problems. They will scope and do X-rays to find out, If not it oculd be parvo.

5. oso

oso New Member

HE'S TEN WEEKS OLD, HE THREW UP TWICE LAST NIGHT, AND POOPED ONCE EARLY THIS MORNING. HE HAS HAD HIS FIRST 2 SHOTS AND DUE FOR HIS THIRD THIS WEEK. THE FIRST WAS A DA2LP+PARVO AND THE OTHER ONE WAS THE SAME.

6. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

As he has not completed the entire series of shots he can get Parvo. Was the vomit foamy? And the was his stool normal? (minus underwear of course!) You need to get him in right away.

7. Samsintentions

OSO- it doesn't matter if he's had ALL of his shots. He can still get Parvo. Parvo vaccines are not 100% protective. Think of ALL vaccinations as birth control ( I know silly analogy but hear me out)
    You take them, but you can still get pregnant right? Well thats like vaccinations. They are a preventative and most only have a 98% protection.

Even if your dog has had Rabies Vac. IF they get bit by a rabid animal, they can get it.

I would take him just to be sure.

8. oso

oso New Member

HIS POOP WAS NORMAL, HIS PUKE WAS BASICALLY THE UNDERWEAR, NO FOAM, AND CONSTANT.

9. oso

oso New Member

I MEANT NOT CONSTANT.IM CALLIN THE VE RIGHT NOW.

10. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Good Luck. Let us know how he is doing.

11. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

How's everything?

I was going to say perhaps an obstruction aswell. I remember reading (not sure if it was here or not) about soemones dog who had an obstruction in the intestines. It was sand and dirt. Eachtime they played catch and the dog picked up the ball, he swallowed a bit of sand. It was a pretty costly and hard surgery.

I hope Oso is okay. Keep us updated. Give him a big hug for me!!

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

We had a Golden in rescue that had surgery due to an ingested rope toy. Nala loved her rope toy, but now I get nervous giving it to her. *sigh*

Jamiya

13. oso

oso New Member

WELL IT'S ABOUT 11:30 AT NIGHT, OSO HAS AN APPOINTMENT TOMORROW.HE DRANK A LIL WATER,DIDN'T KEEP IT DOWN, THAT WAS ABOUT 6:30. I HAD TO GO TO A FUNERAL, BUT WHEN I GOT BACK OSO WAS IN A GOOD MOOD, I PICKED HIM UP & HE WAS LICKING MY FACE, KINDA JUMPING EVEN. WELL MY SISTERS BOYFRIEND MADE AN EGG AND MIXED IT W/ HIS FOOD AND HE SCARFED IT DOWN.DRANK ABUNCH OF WATER, AND THEN RAN TO MY DAUGHTERS ROOM TO FIND HIS STUFFED ANIMAL AND PLAYED WITH THAT FOR A WHILE. NOW HE'S RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE LOOKIN FOR HIS TOYS AND PLAYING W/ HIS BALL. :) WHICH IS GREAT TO SEE. IM STILL WATCHING HIM CLOSLEY TO SEE HOW HE'S DOING. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CHANGE. YOU KNOW THIS IS MY FIRST PET. BESIDES THE CAT WE HAD WHEN I WAS 4.(29 NOW) AND UNTILL OSO I NEVER REALIZED HOW MUCH PETS ARE PART OF THE FAMILY, AND HOW MUCH PEOPLE CAN CARE FOR THEM.

14. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Im so glad OSO is feeling better. He's lucky to have a mommy who loves him so much!

15. Samsintentions

Thats good he's playing and feeling a bit better. But still take him in. Dogs are great at hiding pain and illness.

16. GinaH

GinaH New Member

How is OSO feeling today?

17. oso

oso New Member

OSO is doing ok so far. what we thought were blockages are not , or least not anymore, i guess it passed (thank god). They did give him 2 doses of I.V. fluids, and some kinda vitamin food. His stool is also normal, so all in all I guess he's doing ok. I just have to keep an eye on him to make sure he gets his appetite back. hopfully he will.THANKS FOR ASKING! :)

18. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:kiss_puppy: Just make sure it isn't underwear he gets an appetite for!! Good News! Yea Oso!

19. oso

oso New Member

Now that Oso is startng to feel better, do you think it's a good idea to walk him? If so how much walking and being that I was giving him boundries before he got sick, i dont want to be tugging on him when he wants to go a different way.and just another ??? at what age are dogs adults? When do they stop growing? And one more, Oso will scarf down the can food the vet gave him(think it's called a/d?) ,but will not eat his dry food. I even tried mixing it just a lil. I only have 1 can left , what should I feed him to help make him better?

20. oso

oso New Member