1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

pacu and aquarium glass

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by mewjon17, Mar 14, 2007.

1. mewjon17

mewjon17 New Member

i bought a pacu at the size of a half dollar 2 weeks ago.............is it normal for him to be just about 3 inches already.......my last bunch didnt seem to grow like that AND i have planaria worms and this stuff all over my glass that looks like mucus with little upside downs Y's drifting in the current..are the worms bad...i was told the stuff on my glass might be bacteria.....i know its not algae......someone tell me wuts goin on......

2. tled6448

tled6448 New Member

Pacu's get VERY large they get up to 3 feet long and larger! How big is your tank? He will need at least 500 gallons. If you don't have this large of an aquarium, I would take it back to the fish store. If you bought it at walmart don't believe that they only get 10 inches. Pacu's grow rapidly they can grow to be 12 inches in a short period of time. It may just be algae on the sides of your tank that is brown and stringy because I have seen that before. Do you turn off your light on the aquarium? If you don't it can cause lots of algae to grow. I hope this is a little bit of help to you.
    :D

3. mewjon17

mewjon17 New Member

its not algae

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Your description of mucus with upside down Y's sounds possibly like newly hatched snails. Are there any snails in the tank?

5. pacuinthetank

pacuinthetank New Member

help me with my pacu

my pacu is over a year now and is about a foot long maybe larger it lives in a 10 gallon tank but i am geting a 55 gallon in a week. does anybody know how to tell if its a boy or girl