1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please Read This If You're Pro-Declawing

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by eprahshteb, Jun 4, 2011.

1. eprahshteb

eprahshteb New Member

I'm new here, and I only really registered to voice my opinion on declawing for the most part.
    I am very against it. I DO find it cruel and unnecessary, and I will voice my opinion on it.
    HOWEVER, this post is not to chew out people who are pro-declaw.

A lot of the alternatives to declawing have already been posted here. Soft paws, post training, nail trimming, etc. But there is one that has not.

I know, that a lot of people, no matter how much you tell them about the negative effects of declawing, will do it anyways. They won't open their minds to alternatives.
    Well, I was thinking about it, and for these people, instead of buying a kitten with claws and declawing it later, why don't you rescue a previously declawed cat/kitten from a shelter?
    Not only do you get your declawed cat, but you are rescuing an animal who would either be euthanized or live in a tiny cage for the rest of it's life. Most shelter animals come spayed/neutered as well, and often have their first shots, so that's an added bonus.

So please, if you're pro-declawing, don't buy a kitten and mutilate it, rescue a cat or kitten from a shelter where the procedure is already done. Leave the other cats with their claws to people who don't mind claws and will work to change scratching behaviors.

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I approve this post with a happy face :) I will soon be in a position to adopt/rescue a kitty again within a few months and I will definitely take this under consideration. I like this idea