1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Police Officer

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by daddyfs, Jul 1, 2004.

1. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

In case you didnt know, i am in the military and stationed in Tampa. Anyways, at work i got in an argument with a part time military (reservist) and a full time cop. see he knows that i own a Pitbull and how i feel about them, so he goes on glorifin how a cop blew a Pit's head off.. So i go on to say the dog probably wasnt even doin anythin, he probably jus saw the dog and started shootin.. Then he goes on to tell me about lockin jaws, how they can be jus fine one minute and turn on you the next.. and then he told me all my information is baised and so forth.. I know the cops have a difficult job and they put their life on the line day in and day out.. but i wish some of them would be more opened minded. not all Pits and Rottys are goin to kill you..

2. sikz33

sikz33 New Member

that is like saying all cops beat minorities. It is a stereotype that we all know is false. One thing I have learned while owning pits is that those type of people will never change their opinion. I don't even argue with them anymore.

3. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

LOL Our Cops are pretty ignorant here!!!! Some have brains but 90% of them do not!!! I have dealt with them many times!! I actaully got into an agrument with one a few weeks back about my American Bulldog. He had the nerve to tell me that I didn't know the breed of my own dog!!! I just looked at him and told him he was an ignorant SOB and walked away with my "Pit Bull". Since that day I think he has had it out for me too. If i tie my girl up behind the store when I walk over, he will sit there looking at her like he is waiting for to "snap" as he put it. She actaully tried to jump up in his car cause she wanted to go for a ride about gave him a heart attack!!!! :lol:

4. Angie

Angie New Member

StormyWinter, I voted for your son. What a cute little baby!
    :)

5. amberlue2002

amberlue2002 New Member

i live in tallahassee and my friends pit just got shot by a cop. THere was a party and the cops came. One cop said the dog was fine then another cop shot him for barking. Not mean barking just pet me pet me pet me) barking. The cop was suspended without pay untill further investigation.
    I also have had people tell me that pit bulls have something in there brain that makes them snap. They say that even if you raise it from a pup and its a good dog that it will still snap. Let me tell you i have had my share of pits and my chihuahua has been the one that has turned on me. He's 5 and has more attitude than any of my pits. I mean people don't go around saying chihua. should be outlawed and they're one of the meanest dogs there is. I know from personal experiance. Every Chihuahua i have owned has been worse than any pit bull. Its not the breed thats bad its how there raised and handeld.

6. amberlue2002

amberlue2002 New Member

i live in tallahassee and my friends pit just got shot by a cop. THere was a party and the cops came. One cop said the dog was fine then another cop shot him for barking. Not mean barking just pet me pet me pet me) barking. The cop was suspended without pay untill further investigation.
    I also have had people tell me that pit bulls have something in there brain that makes them snap. They say that even if you raise it from a pup and its a good dog that it will still snap. Let me tell you i have had my share of pits and my chihuahua has been the one that has turned on me. He's 5 and has more attitude than any of my pits. I mean people don't go around saying chihua. should be outlawed and they're one of the meanest dogs there is. I know from personal experiance. Every Chihuahua i have owned has been worse than any pit bull. Its not the breed thats bad its how there raised and handeld.

7. buzztail

buzztail New Member

Amberblue2002, I live in Tallahassee also. Funny, small world.