1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

POMERANIAN FUR ISSUES! PLEASE HELP! ~~~~EMERGENCY!!!~~~

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by pompomlovee1221, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Has this ever happened to your poms?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pompomlovee1221

pompomlovee1221 New Member

Hi my name is Gaby, i'm from NJ and i'm 14 years old. My aunt owns 2 pomeranians (Sophie and Bernie) and shes moving to an apartment in a week because her family went bankrupt, and she can't bring sophie and bernie. So my mom told me I could have them. (We already have 2 pugs (Rocky and Gizmo) and 2 Australian sheps (Bella & dante), and they all get along with the poms) The only problem is that Bernie has something wrong with his fur, instead of being pointy and fluffy and standing on end like Sophies, it's think and heavy and looks and feels just like sheep wool. My mom is convinced he is sick and refuses to take him until we know whats wrong! Also, if we don't take them, my aunt will have to put them in a shelter and I know that the poms don't do well without us considering when we put them in a kennel last summer they cried all night and all day all that week and wouldn't even eat at the place. My aunt leaves in 1 week and we really need help!!! PLEASE!!! :!: :cry: :!: :| :!:

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Hair loss is common when dogs are stressed. It could be that with everything that is going on Bernie may be more stressed out than Sophie and he is showing it in his coat. I'm going on the assumption that Bernie's coat naturally looks like Sophie's.

Aside from the coat problem does he look sick? Is he lethargic, physically ill, eating less?

The easiest way would be to just take them to the vet to see if anything is wrong. Chances are that if they haven't already been to the vet they are probably due for their annual checkup/heartworm test. If it hasn't already been done your mother will have to get it done anyway if you are going to keep them, it's an easy way to kill two birds with one stone.

If your mother still refuses to take them and the shelter is your only option, you may want to have your aunt look into a private rescue instead of a shelter. Dogs in private rescues tend to get more attention and their issues are sorted through more thoroughly than in your public shelter. Private rescues tend to be a less stressful change than being thrown into a shelter atmosphere.

3. pompomlovee1221

pompomlovee1221 New Member

Thank you, Bernie doesn't seem very sick or has been behaving differently. But his fur is definitely thickening and feels just like wool. I don't know what could be wrong, but we are taking him to the vet...