1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Poor Buster!! just keeps pilling on....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Jun 12, 2010.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Well it's been a rough couple of weeks for Buster..... I noticed a what looked like a mosquito bite on his lower right front leg. That was about 3 weeks ago... Well the following week he was due to go to the vet for some shots so when the bump grew to about the size of a marble...had them check it while we were there.

Well once pathology came back it turns out the tumor was cancerous!! Soft tissue sarcoma. Surgery consult made the following week, the surgeon was concerned that he would have a hard time getting a good margin and still be able to close the wound.

That next week which was Monday this week he had surgery since it was growing so quickly, all went well he took as much as he could and closed the wound although it's tight...it's closed! Well finally got the results..... Stage 1 cancer that's what we wanted that means no chemo is needed!!! And the tumor was completely intact!!! none left behind!!!!
    {{{{{{sighs of relief!!!!}}}}}}

He is on a strict 2-3 weeks of no running, jumping or rough play....Tell him that when he see's those darn pesky squirrels!!!! I have to wrap his leg because he is a dork and won't leave it alone..... If I have the wrap off for too long he licks it....it swells then I have to do massage to get the swelling down then re-wrap it......He's on pain meds still as he still limps occasionally.

Bloodwork was done pre-op and we found out yet another issue..... He has hypothyroidism..... So that explains his weight gain! He's 86 pounds eats limited ingredient diet and he only gets fed 1 1/2 cups 2 times a day, goes on walks.... So now he should loose some weight!

Tally:
    Addison's Disease
    Hypothyroidism
    Cancer
    Had Cushing's from the steroids now gone since reduced to everyother day steroids....

All in all he's doing well....my pocketbook is not doing as well :mrgreen:

2. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Always scary but I'm glad the surgery went well. Duke and Freckles are sending Buster their good thoughts for a complete recovery.

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Thanks! He is doing better now, pretty well healed up now...which is really good since we went truck camping over the weekend and it would have really been hard with a e-collar in a 8' camper.....

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Glad to hear Buster is doing well. I guess when it rains it pours.

Rocky's been compiling his own list this past month, he just turned 11 at the beginning of June and went in for his annual heartworm/blood test. They noticed that his liver numbers were a little high so he was fasted for 12 hours and tested again, still a little high so now he is on medication for that and a special diet. Then last weekend his eye became red and the skin around it was inflammed so off to the vet again, diagnosed with an eye infection and given eye drops (5 times per day), told to bring him back 4 days later for another checkup and to switch the drops to a stronger prescription. Well his eye still hadn't healed enough and the skin around it was still inflammed so now he's got ointment for the imflammation (3 times per day), still on the eye drops (still 5 times per day), also has lubricating drops for his eye so it doesn't get too dry and has to make another visit in next week to get the stronger prescription.

He's also got the e-collar on so he can't scratch his eye, which he's not liking too much. He's never had to wear it before so isn't used to the dimensions of it. He walks around everywhere like he's a bobblehead, but surprisingly has mastered the stairs with it on.

Anyway, sending good wished Buster's way and here's hoping that he keeps that list down!