1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

pregnant ? Plecostomus ????

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by jsnider, Sep 28, 2004.

1. jsnider

jsnider New Member

I just got a new "new to me" that is Pleco bout 8 inches long a fat tummy very round... and what appears to be a tube thingy below. Is it pregnant ?

is it ? :shock:

anyone ?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What type of pleco is it? Can you post a picture? Is it eating? Does it have any problems swimming? Does the skin on the belly look like it's stretched thin and somewhat transparent?

-Chelle

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

chances are it has an internal parasite. My baby one had a huge stomach and i looked it up and it was a parasite, chances of breeding them is very slim to none, they are hard to breed in captivity.

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

do you mean a small tube protruding from the anal area? if so, it may be trying to lay eggs....i dont nkow if plecos are like that, but i do know that is how cichlids lay eggs.

5. jsnider

jsnider New Member

fish pic

I have a pic of it how do i post ? or may i email it ?

stomach not transparant....

6. OneWolvesDream

7. OneWolvesDream

Not sure how well the tripod hosting will work with this pic but its worth a try, Here is the pleco.

[​IMG]

8. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

It doesn't show for me.

9. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Thats becuase Tripod is paticular about outside linking, just post the link to the page its on, on the site itself. My host actually charges something like 1.99/mo for "webzoom" which is included in my hosting package anyway but if they didn't charge they would lose alot of bandwith due to people uploading pictures to post else wares. I think their is someway around it until they see outside viewing.

10. OneWolvesDream

Ugh, ok well then for now, if u guys wanna c the pic go to the www below my msgs and it will link you to my site, there click on Pic Hosting and there is the pic. Im planning to buy a domain from a company, still picking the right one, then i shoulndt hav this probolem.

11. Pekemom

Pekemom New Member

How is the pleco doing, OneWolves? Where in Florida are you? I'm in Florida, too.

12. OneWolvesDream

lol, thats cool, im in the broward area, its about a hour from miami.

13. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

i go to miami all the time. how is that pleco goign jsinder?

14. jsnider

jsnider New Member

Well tummy is normal now... tube went away.. I still dont know if it laid eggs.. If it did they got ate..

15. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

16. goodrich

goodrich New Member

plecostmus string is not babies

To jsnider,
    That string coming from your pleco is Poo