1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with pitbull cross..... please help

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by azzalilmiss, Sep 18, 2005.

1. azzalilmiss

azzalilmiss New Member

Hi i have a pitty/mastiff/rotti/bully cross, she is 10 y/o and up until tuesday has been a vary healthy happy active dog.
    On tuesday she started limping on her rear leg, then on the opposite front leg.
    Now she seems to have some sort of paralysis, lost mobility in her hips, and muscle tone in her rear legs, and is very miserable.
    Being 10 y/o she has had a fairly good life, and i am not financially able to spend the possibly $1000s the vets would charge to maybe fix her, and being realistic, i know we are facing putting her to sleep, which is breaking my heart, but i dont want her to suffer.
    My question is... has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know what it could be? Thanks for reading

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

poor thing, sounds like a reaction to something, has she recently had vaccinations or flea/tick treatment?

i would also post this here on the "other dog" forum, this pitbull has slowed down a lot recently and I think you will get a lot more helpful response there, isnc ethere is a lot more acitivity

honeybear

3. azzalilmiss

azzalilmiss New Member

Thanks Honeybear,
    she is at rest now, it was a ruptured disc which crushed her spinal cord, we think it was an old injury that just gave out.
    I just hope my other dog, Psyche, doesnt give up on us, she and Cody were inseperable.
    she was a fantastic dog.... RIP Cody.... we love ya babe

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I am so sorry to hear about cody, but she is in a better place now and in no pain,

my cat who died last month and my dog were very close, I think my dog is still mounring him, it seems she has been depressed and still is, I hope she bounces out of it soon, just an FYI, if Psyche is moping around
    honeybear

5. boditosabear

boditosabear New Member

maybe you could rescue a dog for psyche to be companions with. when our 11 yearold dog died , we were really sad however raising bodi has helped us . our cat is named psyche :lol:

6. boditosabear

boditosabear New Member

maybe you could rescue a dog for psyche to be companions with. when our 11 yearold dog died , we were really sad however raising bodi has helped us . our cat is named psyche :lol: