1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Puppy losing teeth and feeling sick

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by andrea, Aug 5, 2007.

1. andrea

andrea New Member

I have a chihuahua puppy that is almost 6 months old. i know its normal for them to lose their teeth but he has been acting funny ever since he started losing his teeth. he doesnt eat as much, hes acting... i wouldnt say lethargic but just not as playful, he has only pooped once since yesterday however the stool wasnt runny or anything it looked like a heathy stool. he also has vomited a few times. i am just really worried about him. does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

2. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Loosing/cutting teeth shouldn't make a puppy feel ill. I think my major concern if this were my pup is that while he's been chewing on things to ease the pain of teething, he may have swallowed something that's not digestible, and it's stuck somewhere.

My puppy, Whiz, just went through the teething phase, and there were several times he'd start acting a little off, vomiting, etc. Every time, he'd eventaully bring up a wad of "stuff" he'd swallowed, usually bits of soft stuffed toys, and as soon as he got that out of his stomach he'd be fine.

I'd also be concerned about hypoglycemia in a pup that small. If he continues to act like he's not feeling well, isn't eating and is vomiting, call your vet for advice.