1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Question about horse cops

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by lil96, Jul 18, 2006.

1. lil96

lil96 New Member

Last night I was watching COPS in new Orleans fo Mardi Gras. I have been thee before and thought wow what nicely behaved horses. But watching them last night, i really thought woooow they are in a huge crowd and people are fighting and pushing into the horse, but the horse was so good and just stood there would back up a little, would come forward a little whatever the cop said. I just thought any other animal (horse dog whatever) would have been freaking out.
    Anyway, I just started thinking how long does it take to train a horse to be that well behaved?

2. someday

someday New Member

It takes several years. At school we started 2 police horses for the Lexington Mounted Patrol in Kentucky several years ago. They are exposed to any and every strange thing we could possibly find from day 1. We had them for a year. We went to the Rolex 2 years ago and visited them while we were there. One of our horses was actually on patrol at the Rolex while we were there..so it was fun to see him in action. We visited their facility though and got to help with some training. We staged a riot in the arena and beat on buckets waved sticks in the air, yelled, screamed pushed each other around, but the 2 people in front held feed buckets and shook them. You've never seen a horse so happy to walk into a rioting crowd. Not all horses can do it. It takes a horse that's very calm and willing to accept new situations in the first place to succeed in that job.

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

I am just so amamzed at those horses! they seem so awesome!

4. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

Wow ! Thats amazing .