1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Question about my Pitbull.

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by madleb, Jul 10, 2004.

1. madleb

madleb New Member

Hi people,

I am new to this forum and i absoultly love it. It has got heaps of information about pitbulls.
    Just a quick question. I have a pitbull which i have had since he was 4 weeks old. Now he is at least 15 weeks old and he is awsome very playfull.
    All he wants to do is play.
    Now the problem is my cousin just bought a 13week old rotwieller, and yesterday we let both dogs meet each other and all my pitbull wanted to do was jump on top of the rotwieller. Even though the rotwieller was barking and trying to bite my dog he didnt pay attention to that and kept on jumping on his back.

is that normal behaviour?

At the start he started sniffing the rotwieller and got scared of him by jumping backwards.

I just want to know if it is normal?

Thanks

Any replies would be helpfull.

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Welcome to the board! \:D/ You can also join us at the all dogs forum. And post pictures of that baby we love pictures!
    Sometimes puppies do that to try and show dominance but it also could just be puppy play. My girls still sometimes do it. Heck my Pekingese does it to the cat! You will know as your puppy gets older when it's no longer just play. You can see pictures of all my girls by clicking on my WWW tab below my post.

3. madleb

madleb New Member

thanks for the welcome GinaH, i love the pic of Pinky EVMP0142.JPG. Looks absoultly beautiful. I will get some pic's up of my dog when i get a digital camera.

Just another thing my dog hasnt interacted with other dogs until yesterday cause now he has all 3 vacinations. Is it normal if another dog is barking and showing aggression that pitbulls dont respond. Not even a bark. Maybe im just worried, or is it that he hasnt seen or heard another dog and doesnt know what he is doing?

thanks for any more replies.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I have five Pit Bulls and 3 of them could absolutely care less about other dogs they get along beautifully. The other 2 do not get along well with others dogs at all! So of course there are lots of rules that have to be followed to keep them separated. It could be that your puppy is disregarding the growling from the other puppy because he does not see the other puppy as a threat.

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Wow Gina that is a pretty dog on your Avatar. Which one is that? One of yours? Not sure I've seen him/her before.

6. ChronicBlue

ChronicBlue New Member

Your dogs all look amazing GinaH. Bluebelle is just precious. I love her eye patch.

While looking at your fosters I noticed Katey. She looks so adorable. I was wondering if she is up for adoption?

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

True_Pits The picture in my avatar is of Izzy my girl who passed away a few weeks ago. Thank you she was a beautiful girl.
    ChronicBlue Yes Katey is up for adoption. She is an amazingly smart sweet little girl. She is almost completely potty trained she has already been spayed and has been vet checked and fully vaccinated. She is going to be a big girl! If you are interested in her please let me know and I will send you her adoption application. Thanks for the compliments on my girls they are all Awesome girls! Reginaha02@aol.com

8. coventla

coventla New Member

Yep, mine does too. When my Rottie has had enogh of him and barks at him he stops right away.

9. DogmaMa

DogmaMa New Member

When they get worked up pits can be very intense in their play, and other breeds often are taken aback by it- a rottie shouldnt have much trouble learning to deal with it though!

10. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

madleb - are you sure they are not both just playing? You said that at first your pup would get scared and jump back - that sounds more like an invitation to play. Also, my pups growl, bark, bite, and really carry on when they are playing and wrestling with each other. It really sounds like your pup and the Rottie are just playing. Even at such a young age, I think you'd definitely know if they were fighting. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

11. Angie

Angie New Member

I love Bluebelle's markings. She is beautiful.

12. madleb

madleb New Member

i took my dog(Clubber) to my cousins house to play with the rottwieller, yesterday. He didnt stop playing and this time you can tell they were playing i think i was just scared maybe cause he hasnt seen another dog before.

Thanks for all the replies!!

13. Gatorpit

Gatorpit New Member

Sometimes pit pups have trouble with knowing when not to play. They want to play so rough some other breeds get fed up, but the pit may still want to play. Make sure the other pup isn't being over-played.

14. Gatorpit

Gatorpit New Member

Sometimes pit pups have trouble with knowing when not to play. They want to play so rough some other breeds get fed up, but the pit may still want to play. Make sure the other pup isn't being over-played.