1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

rabbits rabbits rabbits rabbits

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by lil shant, Jan 23, 2006.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i am lookin for a baby rabbit and i would like to keep it in the hosue but i owuld like to noe how to pottey train it?

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Generally it's easier to litter train an older rabbit than a younger one. Younger rabbits don't have full control over their bladders yet.

There are a few methods you could use.

First start with a litter box in the cage. If it uses another corner move the litter box there until it figues out that it's supposed to use the box.

Another method to use is getting pills from another rabbit and put it in the litter box. The rabbit will then mark his territory out and use the box. Rabbits are pretty clean animals and like to keep one corner of their cage as their bathroom.

Another trick is to put some hay near the litter box. Don't know why but some rabbits like to munch while they use the bathroom.

Rabbits generally still pill around the box but that's natural, he's just staking out his territory and it lets him know that the cage is his.

Rabbit can also be picky about their litter. My rabbit used to like going on Timothy hay when I first got him, now he prefers yesterday's news covered with a thin layer of his bedding.

3. lil shant

lil shant New Member

and do they like munsch on everything couse we wanna keep him in the house like a dog

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

If you want to keep it like a dog then get a dog.

Free roaming a house is not recommended for rabbits. They need supervision at all times when their out. There can easily chew on electrical cords, baseboards, walls etc. which isn't good for them at all. They also need a cage as a "safe place" for them where they can go if they feel threatened.

5. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i noe i gots the cage and everything like when i come hom from skool until like an hour i wanna keep it so it can get some exercise and i wanna take it out for a walk so is a leash bad for it?

6. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I used to walk my rabbits on a leash. You need a figure 8 harness like the ones made for cats. And remember that a rabbit isn't going to walk on a leash like a dog does. It's more like following your rabbit around, instead of the rabbit following you around. And keep an eye on what he's nibbling on while your out walking, too. Not everything in the world is edible.

7. lil shant

lil shant New Member

alright thanx for everthing and i gots one question how big of a cage do i need for a rabbit

8. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

The bigger you can get the better. A lot of the smaller cages out there are only appropriate for baby rabbits but you'll eventually have to upsize when it gets older.

I keep my Dwarf rabbit in a Hagen Zoo Zone 2

[​IMG]

It comes with a built in litter tray and built in feeding bowls which I like because they can't tip it over (although I took out the feeding bowls because my rabbit liked to pee in it).

But it all depends on what type of rabbit you're getting. If you're getting a dawrf you'll need a smaller cage than if you were getting a large breed like a Flemish Giant.

9. lil shant

lil shant New Member

where can i find it at?