1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Re: Are my Kuhli Loaches really Kuhlis?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by cherylmason323, Jan 16, 2007.

1. cherylmason323

cherylmason323 New Member

I have had my loaches now for several months. I bought them from Meijer and now that I have obtained a little knowledge on certain kinds of fish, have noticed that sometimes they put the wrong thing down for what kinds of fish are in the tank. Every picture I have ever seen of a Kuhli Loach are a dark brown with stripes of yellow on them...However, my loaches do not have any such marking and are a normal brown and some are even a little lighter. Is there a variation of the Kuhli Loach or are mine not Kuhlis? (I reeeeally need to know because that makes a big difference on the tank I have them in and the capacity to hold an adult one). I was really thinking of a weather loach when I saw one at Uncle Bill's the other day. Please help! If you want, I will upload a picture of them next chance I get if anyone cannot identify it from my description!

2. cherylmason323

cherylmason323 New Member

Re: I'm going to respond to myself because I'm stupid

Please ignore my babbling...all I had to do was Google it and I found out that they're Kuhlis...Black Kuhlis to be exact! Sorry about that!!!! Just goes to show you the wonder of the internet!