1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Re: My Kuhli (Coolie) Loach DIED!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by cherylmason323, Jan 16, 2007.

1. cherylmason323

cherylmason323 New Member

I now have three Kuhli Loaches, all of which seem extremely hardy and have survived when conditions were...well let's say "unfit". I have now maintained my tank with a pH of 7.8 and have stabilized my Nitrates and Nitrites...however, I used to have four Kuhli Loaches. About a week before it's death, my Kuhli started doing crazy things. It wouldn't stay nocturnal at all and it kept swimming all over the place darting around and acting real off balance and such. Could it have been swim bladder disease? However, I'd like to note it had a damaged eye that it could no longer see out of (I did a test by waving my hand next to the tank when it's bum eye was up to the glass and then did it with the other eye later (which it responded to). I'm not sure whether one of my other fish got to the eye, or it was apart of the disease that eventually killed it. I was really sad. I love my loaches, I think they're really neat looking. Also, I want to note my loach also would randomly stop moving after his spasms and drop to the bottom and lay on his side or in odd positions around the tank. I hope someone can help me diagnose the problem in the event that something similar happens again!

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Refresh my memory, how big is the tank and what fish are currently in it?

What are your actual readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte.

-Chelle