1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Shih-Poo - How big will he grow?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by TeddysMom, Mar 23, 2005.

1. TeddysMom

TeddysMom New Member

Hello All,

Teddy is growing fast. When when first got him at 8 weeks he was only 2.9 pds. He has now grown to 5.8 pds at 19 weeks (4 months).

The vet said that he is doing great and he gaining weight perfectly. She also said that because he is very active and I take him to Doggy Daycare a couple of times a week that he burns off alot of energy so he would probably won't gain too much weight.

My question is.. When do they stop growing? Will he continue to grow to until he is 6 months where I could assume that will be his Adult weight?

I'm going to assume that he will be around 7 to 8 pds by 6 months.

Thanks!

P.S. here is a recent pic of my :m30:

[​IMG] :love_y_t_much:

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

He is such a cute litte boy. I know someone with a shipoo and he's like 15 lbs. It really depends on the size of the parents. Many times when you have a mix, they tend to be bigger than their parents too. Was he born of a small shihtzu and toy poo or mini poodle? They say for small breeds they stop growing anywheres from 6 to 8 months. They then fill out muscle wise.

3. Rene

Rene New Member

i dont know how big he will get i just wanted to say he is so cute what a little doll and love his name

4. Julia1119

Julia1119 New Member

I have a Shih Poo---she is about 11 lbs. at 2 years, 3 months!!! She is all done growing now! Your pup looks like my Winnie when she was little!! TOOOO CUTE! they are GREAT DOGS!!! have fun!

5. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

My shihpoo Trixie will be 2 on June 18th but right now she weighs about 19 or 20 pounds... She isnt overweight either but shes got alot of muscle!! :lol:

6. requi3mm4ss

requi3mm4ss New Member

Hehe wow he looks just like my pup... Except mine is brown. My Shih-poo is also named teddy, and he is currently 3 pounds at 3 months today is his 3 month birthday! :eek:

He was the runt, and had EXTREMELY small parents

7. TeddysMom

TeddysMom New Member

I think Teddy's parents were pretty small too because he is almost 5 months and only 5 pds. Although he is very active. I take him to doggy daycare 2 times a week, he gets a lot of exercise, runs around and plays all day.