1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Should I buy this horse?

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by someday, Dec 17, 2004.

1. someday

someday New Member

Ok, my farrier back home in texas, offered, through my mom, to sell me one of his horses. He's an 18 year old QH that packs around his 4 year old nephew, and has been doing trail rides for i guess...well forever. He says he's the type of horse you can throw out in pasture for a couple months, get back on, and he's the same horse...says he's perfectly sound too. Well, I'm going home in a little over a week, and I'll probably try him. Here's what i'd want him for...I'm going to be starting a lesson program..this summer I'm gonna just take a couple people on...but within the next two years, after i've graduated and gotten the wedding done with... I'm going to be really getting a program going. IF, big if...this horse turns out to be what he says, and he's trained enough to work in a lesson program and not just plod along on trails, is 18 too old? I'm thinking it is..since he'll be 20 by the time I really get going...that doesn't leave him too much usable time. Oh, he wants $800 for him too....so what are your thoughts on this guy?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

No 18 is not too old, especially if he lives up to what he's claimed to be and for $800!! WOW!

Most older horses make good lesson horses for children and SMall adults....

3. someday

someday New Member

I'm kind of excited...i just don't want to get my hopes up in case he's not what he said he is..but i guess i'll find out in about a week.

4. horse_child

horse_child New Member

18 definatly ins't too old. good luck w/ everything

5. ya_gotta_luv_em

ya_gotta_luv_em New Member

i got my crazy 8yo wen she wos 4 & i think that a much older & axperienced horse is better. Go 4 it. $800 is awesome.